View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
FrizbeeDogz
Dogsey Junior
Male 

19-07-2006, 07:04 PM
It involves getting your dog to either fetch or catch a frisbee and bring it back to you, the further the dog has to run to catch or fetch it the more points they score, they also score more if they catch it rather than just fetch it.

On the disc dog days we normally start off with a training session for everyone in the morning followed by two fun competitions in the afternoon.

visit our web site for more info or email me (email addy on web site)
http://www.disc-dogs-uk.com
Ray
Dogsey Senior
Male 

19-07-2006, 11:47 PM
Sorry we won't be able to make the venue, as it sounds like fun. My BSD loves chasing the frisbee. At the moment we use one purchased from pets at home, which looks like a small steering wheel. It's not bad, but doesn't travel as far as I'd like, and I worry that when she catches it mid flight, because its quite a hard plastic, she might bang her teeth on it. Can you recommend a suitable frisbee, which will travel well, and is safe when she catches it? I would be extremely grateful for your advice.

Thank you and regards
FrizbeeDogz
Dogsey Junior
Male 

20-07-2006, 04:55 AM
Maybe you'll be able to make the one in Hitchin, Herts, ot Kettering, Nothants a they are a little closer?

AS for discs, don't under estimate the stregth of a dogs teeth and gums. As long as they are an adult dog and you throw the disc away for them to follow rather than at them where the speed could be up to twice as quick there shouldn't be a problem.

In the UK the rules state that when the disc is thrown the dog cannot be more than 2 yards in front of the thrower, this means by the time the dog has got to the disc up to 60 - 80 feet away it has lost a lot of speed.

That said, hard plastic discs do tend to be fine, but only in reasonably good condition, once they get a few blemishes then they need to be changed or at very least these marks sanded down to make it smooth again.

The best discs I have tried so far are by Dogstar in Germany if you check out the web site and follow the link for discs you'll see a picture. there's also a link for Disc Dog Shop that sells them. Site addy is http://www.disc-dogs-uk.com

The down side to these discs is the cost, they cost approx £3 plus shipping from Germany, so you'd be talking at least £4.

Hope this helps?

Paul
Ray
Dogsey Senior
Male 

20-07-2006, 11:00 PM
Thanks very much for the information. I will certainly give the dogstar discs a go. I enjoyed you website, which was very interesting and informative, with some good links to other useful sites.

Thanks again,
Ray
FrizbeeDogz
Dogsey Junior
Male 

23-07-2006, 06:38 PM
We now have 16 dogs promised for this one, can we add to that from anyone from this site?

Paul
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2