View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2016, 11:07 AM
Jenny if Pepsi is happy to lay in then you do likewise besides if she wants to go out early Brian can do his bit. At least he does walk her where Steve refuses to walk Amber unless My legs have given in all together, trouble is even then he says the exercise will improve matters.

Griff do hope the funeral goes well and your dad on his return will help you to the vet with Deags. Did you get onto the council in the end of just shrug and forget it. Sometimes you can worry too much.

Lynn, I do hope you get your part for your car, what a worry.

June, there seems no respite from your wet shavings, it seems a constant problem.

LG, hope you are feeling better today and are resting well. Hope your search for a new member of staff is going well.

Brenda, hope all is well with you, not sure when your next training session is.

Have a good afternoon everyone the sun is out here but it is still very cold.

Eileen, give the Princess a hug from me and the little babies and Sarah and your mum too. Of course it goes without saying I am sending a hug to you too to help you cope with it all. God bless.

It is amazing how the dogs are all moulting, Amber is on a permanent moult like yours Griff. However, June your girls being outside you wouldn't expect it but they are obviously well warm in their units.

I am so very tired as I was up early must take Amber out again at 12 and then fingers crossed have a nanny nap although I never seem to get one hence going to bed early.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-01-2016, 11:08 AM
Morning everyone, I was up till goodness knows what hour as the Mem couldn't sleep and I won't leave her sat up on her own. So did a bit of computering whilst she had a hot chocolate and some sort of sticky bun that she favours (has a very sweet tooth). I've had that much sleep in the last few days though that I feel fresh as a daisy. Don't worry anyone, I'll not be dashing about with pick/shovel/spade anytime soon! lol !
Griff - You have my very best thoughts sent out to you for today, hope all goes as well as could be expected and that your Mum and Dad are soon safe and sound back home with you. It's coming up to 11am as I type this and there is a little bit of blue sky breaking through here - it will give her a nice send off! Hugs to you from both myself and The Mem.
June- looks like you'll be managing to get out for your lunch if this weather can just hold for a day or two, hope you do, you deserve a bit of a treat.
Brenda - good to hear that you had a sound night's sleep - whatever it is that is stressing you, I know it sounds trite, but try and ignore it. As you say, it is inferred that a bit of stress is good for you - what a load of blox - we'd all be a damn sight better off without any!
Please have a good day everyone, stay safe and warm if you can and I'll be back on later as given that the sun has now come out as well we'll be off down to the river for a nice walkies, bye fer now.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-01-2016, 11:50 AM
Morning all only just.
Phoned the place where we got the car from bit of confusion isn't there always.
Lee who is one of the owners answered. Now I was misinformed by the person taking messages over new year that the window was in fact under warranty. I phoned guessing it wasn't but just to check to be told let me check came back minute or so later with it is under warranty. So off we popped to have it tested and the conclusion was the switch.
Lee has informed me as we thought that only mechanical things are covered. He has said he will honour what we were told. We knew we would have to pay to have the couple of scratches taken out of the bumper and for the new scoop to be put on. We were quoted £80 for that. He is ringing back tomorrow he may get someone in the body shop to go in Saturday prep the bumper ready for paint on Monday and we pick it up Monday at close of business (Gorden is home that day).. If we had been told correctly the window wasn't under warranty it would of gone into the local garage. By the way the switch he thinks is there.
We were told Mazda's are not difficult to get parts for as they are mainly Ford. Hence why I bought it.

Lovely dry cold sunny day here so far. Sorry it wet again where you are June.
Fingers crossed the sun keeps shining in Blackpool griff.
Hope the knee recovers with rest Nippy Jen.
Always something to stress about brenda.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2016, 12:45 PM
Moyra, nope not contacted the council... i have just decided leave people to it..if my dad wants to allow people to let their dogs crap outside his house..leave him to it, i won't be going out ad clearing it up again. And as for my stupid neighbours with the bags...well we have romanians here going through the bins, hopefully one of those will pick up the bags and the dopey cow will end up having her identity stolen...you have to be a special kind of stupid to put bills etc in a black bag with your name and address on them and then just leave them lying in the street
LG, sorry to hear the Mem couldn't sleep, hopefully tonight will get her a good nights sleep, thank you both for the good wishes
Lynn, hopefully they will get your car sorted out an you will only have a little bit of cash to pay out
heating is on, sun is shining and the living room is like a sauna....lovely
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2016, 01:13 PM
Yep there is always something to wind me up. For instance hoovering and finding that despite emptying it it still leaves bits behind. Lol!! pressing the red button on the remote and it not working. I know we all have different things to wind us up. All relative I suppose. I am however better today than yesterday so who knows what tomorrow will bring? Have a great afternoon peeps. Sun is shining. No snow unlike USA.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-01-2016, 01:23 PM
As LG says, lovely dry day here now, bit of sun, but its probably gone off to Nippy's Girls all had a walk, everywhere is deserted as well, so bonus.
Put the heatlamp up, so I am prepared. I have a small amount of shavings left before I open the third and final bale.
We've got rain forecast for later, then sleet, so think I'll have opened it by tomorrow.
Hoping the day has gone as well as these things can for your mum and dad, Griff.
Having a butty and cup of tea, got the washer on and girls have been barking at something or someone, so let them know its not wanted, thank you very much
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2016, 01:27 PM
oH Griff that sounds lovely. Just had a scope canvasser round the door had the cheek to ask for a cup of tea. No way. I asked him what his CEO was earning, he didn't know and I said then are you being paid and he had to admit he was to I told him strait not into financing charities where the money doesn't go to those intended.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2016, 01:37 PM
Moyra, that is proper cheeky!!!! wonder how many people fall for that, let him in and the only way to get rid of them is to sign up.
TW, very pleased you had a nice uneventful walk, lets hope it stays dry for you
I haven't hear anything yet, funeral was 11am so i would guess that they have nipped tot he wake...i am pleased as hopefully that means her borther and aunty haven't turned up, i also hope that people took the forget me nots to plant in the warmer weather. Apparently one of mums cousins sent a card for mum to take to paul...didn't ask just did it, she sent it to 27 and we live at 29, normally even though we don't speak the neighbour will pop the card through the door...this time it has pauls name on it so they won't have a clue who it is for, too late now anyway. My new cctv recorder arrived so need to get that shifted and wrap up dads birthday presents...not my strong point i am afraid
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2016, 01:46 PM
yes, Steve was annoyed that I stopped to talk to the SCOPE man. I told him when I worked in Education I was a clerk to the Governors of lots of ESN and MSN Schools and even did the school run to the Disabled and Severely Sub normal Schools in Southend and I would support them all but not through SCOPE where the money wasn't all going to the children and their future.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2016, 02:35 PM
Moyra we started training last week, all Saturday mornings now till mid Feb when we have one Saturday off and then start again ad infinitum. Keeps us busy. Just waiting for Tescos then Sara and my friend Margaret to come for a couple of hours chatter. Have good afternoon and everyone else.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >