Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

08-01-2016, 05:44 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
I am looking forward to the busy weekend ahead but may be comatose by Monday and not through alcohol.
Did you read that report this morning, some academic has said that research shows all alcohol is bad for you, unless you are a female over fifty don't know how they worked that one out, and of course you have decades to go before you qualify, but isn't it nice to know that one day in the future you can knock back a glass of vino while Gordon will have to make do with water

I know Gordon works in academia in some way but I'm sure even he will be somewhat gobsmacked by this research.

My own research says that after having to deal with BT help desks and the wonders of Freeview set top boxes, a liitle glass of something alcoholic would be mandatory

ETA:-
Here's a paragraph from the report:-
"The guidance makes it clear that there are no safe drinking levels - with the exception that women over the age of 55 can get some benefit to their hearts from a small amount of drinking of up to five units a week."
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2016, 06:02 PM
Night all, am pulling the plug on this machine as I am mentally tired more than anything. Goodnight, God bless all.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-01-2016, 06:03 PM
Woohoo Harvey I am over 55 so I can have a drink without feeling guilty or worried.
In moderation of course.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-01-2016, 06:23 PM
Well thats something to know, I can drink and not worry about becoming an alcofrolic
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2016, 06:34 PM
Thanks for the link Lynn
Moyra, well done on getting the tax return done, my dad used to do his own...luckily he doesn't need to anymore
Mandy, enjoy your tea
Hi everyone else...you have all been busy chatting since i left so i will have a catch up later!
wow, all you lucky lot not having to worry about your alcohol consumption...well have 1 for me then!!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-01-2016, 07:08 PM
Will do griff. Must say though if I have a heavy night it takes me longer to recover now so I tend not too.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2016, 07:16 PM
Aw Emmerdales sad. Must stop watching things that upset me. oh dear corrie soon and then Mr Selfridge. Yeh!!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2016, 08:26 PM
Watching the football here, my home team, Exeter City v Liverpool!
I thinnk all us oldies should join up and have a booze up one night!!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-01-2016, 08:40 PM
It'd be great if Exeter won,was only thinking that when it was on the news
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

08-01-2016, 10:26 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Woohoo Harvey I am over 55 so I can have a drink without feeling guilty or worried.
In moderation of course.
And it'll help your heart, but what about us blokes we have hearts too Well some of us do.

Originally Posted by griff View Post
well have 1 for me then!!!
It'll be a pleasure

Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Aw Emmerdales sad. Must stop watching things that upset me.
TBH Brenda I shall be making a real effort to avoid the sad stuff in future regardless of where it is (Fiction or fact) it's starting to annoy me the way the media seem to glory in all this bad news.

Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
I thinnk all us oldies should join up and have a booze up one night!!
Great idea Jenny, us blokes can dress up in drag then we won't have to worry about drinking either Personally I think the equal opportunities department should be informed, how can it be good for an over 55 womens heart but not a mans (just kidding)

Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
It'd be great if Exeter won
I noticed that it's occupying nearly all of BBC1 tonight I shall wait until tomorrow for the result.

OK another quick blip and I'm off, it seems I always miss the arrival of Lord Gordon, he must be thinking it's deliberate (but it ain't) I expect he's busy helping out with the dinner parties and finger buffets that one has to undertake when you are a member of the aristocracy

Goodnight all.
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >