View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2016, 01:22 PM
Oh that gave me a chuckle. Anyway hope everyone is coping with this grotty weather and that the babies are ok and mum. Tyto still itchy but getting there. Have been looking at my holiday again and hoping that it comes with better weather. Watched Jericho this morning, looks promising, I hope. Have a good afternoon everyone. Will let you know how classes go tomorrow after I come back from having cuddles with lots of new puppies.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-01-2016, 01:28 PM
Quite possibly June we have internet and phone with them and are tied into a contract till October I think. Our electricity supplier SSE find them really good and a brilliant customer service are now offering broadband and phone so we will look onto them for those services. In the meantime we may look into an independant tv box for catch up and netflix etc., it seems as long as you have an internet connection and phone line you can hook them up no problems .
No contract either with those. Michael our youngest was raving about the now tv box.
Hope Zen doesn't become to much of a social outcast.

I just embarrassed myself to the Tesco customer support team. Was ringing them to say the refund hadn't hit the bank yet and I understood we returned the item on new years day but Monday to today was the time limit given for the refund. She popped me on hold to look into it came back and I had missed the refund going in the bank on the 4th.
I was very apologetic.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-01-2016, 01:31 PM
I've done that as well. When there's all the goings on over Christmas you can easily miss something. I am with SSE as well, looked at their broadband package, but the internet itself is slow here, which is one reason why I looked at Virgn broadband and tried the box, which I really want to dump, just not sure if they come and disconnect it all because I haven't a clue how to get it back working
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-01-2016, 02:14 PM
Anyone watching Father Brown, I'm sure the 'jewel thief' guy is Rob out of Corrie - but he's in prison already
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-01-2016, 02:28 PM
We ended bringing the virgin box from Harlow with us trying to get an answer from them about returning it was like getting blood from a stone.
When they did eventually get in touch it was they didn't want it back. Think we put it in the electrical waste at the dump. You can't pass it on.

Just moved us from our bedroom into the front bedroom for the weekend and tonight. Put clean sheets on the other beds. That little single bed we bought I have made that up and lay down on it just to make sure this one didn't collapse. I expect Mark will have that and the boys will share the double bed.
The single bed is very narrow good job Marks a skinny Minnie.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-01-2016, 02:31 PM
Youngest son said he didn't think they took it back, they just stop the service, but how do I get my tv to work if its all still wired up to the box, not good at the techy type stuff am I
Fingers crossed the bed doesn't collapse on Mark
Off to the shops now
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2016, 02:32 PM
Hi Everyone, just given myself a pat on the back. I managed to log into Inland Revenue, Self Assessment and log Steve's Tax affairs for the year ended 31 January. 2015. All I need him to do now is provide me with the figures up to the end of January, this year. I keep nagging but it takes time.

God knows what he will do when I am no longer around to do his books for him.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-01-2016, 02:35 PM
Well done Moyra. Gorden has to do his own so did Mark when self employed and Michael.
I wouldn't know where to start.
If you disconnect the box June and do not have another freeview type box I think it would just go back to terrestrial tv and all the channels on your freeview if you have it built into the tele.
When you connect another box then I think that's when you would get the catch up service (on demand).
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2016, 02:36 PM
Griff, I am pretty sure if your mum goes for unfair dismissal then she would be able to continue to work, however dependent upon what she does with regard to her health record will make a difference. ie if she goes on health grounds then she will not but will be entitled to her lump sum and early pension which is what I had to do in the end because of my PTSD. She may be able to go for disability allowance though.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2016, 03:16 PM
Well don Moyra doing the tax for Steve. I had to double check that Barry will no longer have to fill in a tax return, 25 mins wait but the lady was very nice and helpful.. The answer was no. Thank goodness for that as I would have been landed with the job just like you.

Good the girls have had a good walk. Poor Zen being the outcast

We had Sky for a few years but got fed up with all the repeats. Where we lived no cable for Virgin and even now there is no cable laid to the houses in our road. We make do with a free view digi box and the already loaded freeview channels. Its all repeats whatever you have it seems. Thank goodness for catchup tv

Still sunny here but going colder. Hopefully the weekend will be dry. Have been out and bought myself a plant (half price) but now have to wait until the ground dries out a bit to plant it. its a Mahonia without prickles and is a new variety. Just got to hope it thrives.
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >