View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-01-2016, 05:41 PM
Evening brenda I bet those puppies are cute.
Oooh June everything crossed the rain stops. Know the inconvenience of not being able to unload outside your house that was the only downfall about Fennells.
Gorden said today when we were driving home he hoped it wasn't raining up North like it was here.

Just messaged Marks friend who has said he can have their spare room to give him time to sort himself out to thank him and his wife. Also to offer if they need anything let us know. He replied its ok they have plenty of room and Joel is welcome too if needed on his weekends and holidays. He has some very good friends takes a weight off our minds he has somewhere warm and dry in Essex. He knows though he is always welcome to live here if needs must.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2016, 05:59 PM
June, pray for you the river doesn't rise any further. It hasn't stopped raining all day here and got wet every time I took Amber out but because I cannot walk her far she has to have her three walks a day. Thank God for the winter coat Steve bought me for Christmas and the rain cape I bought previously kept most of it off. Gave Amber a good rub down with her towel when we got in.

Lynn, I think that must set your mind at rest a bit to know Mark has somewhere in Essex safe to stay until he gets himself sorted more permanently.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-01-2016, 06:05 PM
Thats lovely Mark's got somewhere to go whilst he straightens his head out and finds his way again, also nice they'll take Joel if needs be, although at the same time it would be nice if Joel came to you as well I expect. At least there's options, which is good.
Will get out and sort girls out now and see what sort of state the beds are in.
Want to watch Beowolf in a bit and then there's War and Peace, in between I will be checking the river level needless to say because we are at tipping point here. Although it didn't reach me last time, I feel gutted for the people who have worked so hard to clean the place up after only a week ago. Council have only just really got involved in this after a heck of a lot of mithering from the residents and the flood committee. They raised another £2k + on Saturday when a local band played at one of the pubs and had an auction as well, so the fund is looking at something over £10k in only a week, and then this is happening again. I know there are people in Scotland far worse off than we are, whole villages cut off, roads impassable and worse, but when its happening to people who live only yards away its not good
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2016, 06:23 PM
i feel sorry for anyone who is affected by the flooding, i know when i was down at our little brook the other day it was flooded over which means the underpass and brook further down would be flooded and that is right at the back of peoples houses, hopefully you will escape it TW...you always have to feel a little bad for wishing it misses you as you know somebody else will suffer
Moyra, pleased you stayed relatively dry
Lynn, how nice of you to email Marks friend and lovely that they have offered a place for Joel too...that's proper friendship that is
Hi ya Brenda, bet that is one cute puppy
had the dogs out and nealry lost my boots...again Lol deags has come home with half a muddy face, muddy legs and tummy and front legs...i have ordered a special absorbent towel that is like a chamois
Tess' s sister keeps calling our house, we don't spek to her, last time i spoke to her was about 10 years ago and my mum was back in 1998, god knows what they want but i have unplugged the phone, it is probably to ask why we told mums cousin first...what a bl**dy nightmare!!
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2016, 06:33 PM
I am glad they have raised funds to help those that are going to need it June but if it floods again tonight it doesn't help them move forward. I do hope you manage to stay above the water level, you and your lovely girls.

Eileen, am hoping Sarah will be feeling better tomorrow. God bless.

I'm calling it a day on here now so will say Goodnight to you all, Cheers for now. God bless.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-01-2016, 06:42 PM
We're on flood level now. I was bang on right about the shavings, had to take another half bin liner out, and what I had left I had to put down, got all the dry from the Big House and put that in the little one, then moved the bedding from the sleeping part in the Big House to the main bit, and then made a deep bed in the sleeping part with the rest of the bale, and used the rest to top up in the main part. So tomorrow I have 3 bags of the pet bedding to use to keep them warm and dry till I get to the wholesalers, wish I had more room but I've only got room for the 3 bales. I can go for petrol whilst I'm over there anyway.
Griff, wouldn't they be ringing you about the funeral arrangements rather than asking questions about who told who first
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-01-2016, 06:51 PM
Glad the coat and cape keep you warm and dry Moyra. Night night.
June I was saying earlier if we get it wet now till Summer people will just not be able to get on top of it. So devastating. We are waiting for Welney to flood and then we will have to take the long route round but at least our roads the long way round are passable and we are lucky we have flood plains and are used for what they are meant for. It will naturally flood for miles as far as the Malpas outdoor centre which is Ely way if we have to re-route that way over the bridge we will see the fields looking like the great river Ouse till it subsides a small price to pay.
I hope you stay safe and dry.
Oh dear griff wonder if it is like June says if not what a nightmare.
Yes I feel more settled that Mark has a some good friends who would not see him without a roof till he could get to us. His friend who he is staying with he is Godfather to their daughter and he was a very good friend when we had all the Donna and Joel problems. Very tight knot friends. His other friend who let him have his sofa they have been friends since school.
I asked him today how he was feeling and he said very strange. I expect they must both feeling that way coming out of a 10 year relationship. Gorden said to me do you know we do not know what its like to be in that position.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2016, 06:52 PM
Hi all,
Glad Mark has somewhere to stay whilst he's sorting himself out, it always helps to have good friends round you.
Fingers crossed the river levels don't rise too much this time, i think it's awful what these people are going through. I managed to take Rosie out around 5ish and it had stopped raining. The first time all day it has stopped.
Glad your coat kept you warm Moyra, good night.
Eileen- Sarah is in best place if she isn't well, hopefully she will feel better tomorrow, so that she and the babies can come home.
Griff - maybe she is ringing about funeral arrangements, knowing how close you were, Rosie was a little muddy under her belly,I took her out on her extendable lead just so she kept out of the smelly field mud, I didn't fancy bathing her
Brenda I bet that puppy is really cute
Noticed you'd put that you now on flood level, am thinking of you
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-01-2016, 06:59 PM
Its more or less stopped raining now, and nothing forecast till tomorrow. Apparently higher up from us (Ramsbottom) its already dropped below flood level, so we're just getting it passing through as it were. As you can imagine everyone's totally paranoid and we've all become experts on the local flooding level, which no one had the first idea about just over a week ago!
Lynn, I wish they'd use what used to be flood plains for what they were intended for, instead they were clever and built on them, but you've got to go back to early 1900's when the mill was first built on what is now a housing estate, I suspect that was a flood plain, and on the other side of the river a bit further up you had the paper mill built, again on what was a possible flood plain,both mills having a history of flooding if you look back at the local history and pictures.
Griff, I'm sure it will be funeral plans, maybe ring Tess's son and speak to him?
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-01-2016, 07:04 PM
Lynn, it feels very strange coming out of a relationship (one thing I excel at) because it feels like you are missing a part of you, even when its been bad, its like missing a sore thumb, you are so used to accommodating that person's characteristics and needs etc you miss doing it. So you have to sort of grow part of you back and you do need time to adjust to all of your new life without the bit thats missing, if it makes any sense at all. I decided a good few years ago that I no longer want the hassle of it all and am staying alone in future
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >