View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2015, 11:34 AM
Thanks TW....we will have a look at that, he said he lives in a 1 bedroom flat so not suitable....errrr yeah you would get all the money from the house to buy somewhere better
Hi Brenda, hope you had a great Christmas
Mandy, sorry to hear about your neighbours dog
LG....hope you can find the stone and it hasn't been washed too far away
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-12-2015, 11:49 AM
True answer is he doesn't want to, good job you know now, just think what sort of life your girls would have with someone who didn't want or care for them particularly, nothing to stop him taking the money and buying a place, then rehoming them either.
My son has already told me he couldn't cope with the girls, so I know now and can take action, far better in the long term in my opinion.
Right, better make a move, need to get them out for a gallop, then I'm going to move all the paperwork upstairs to the back bedroom, plus any other stuff that needs shifting, just in case
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-12-2015, 12:55 PM
Ollie was and Dillon will be when we update our will go back to breeder neither boys would want him and both working and not living in suitable accommodation best to sort it now if anything happens to us together. Ollie it was instructed he was to be put to sleep rather than go back to breeder due to his nervous aggression.
Dillon has been traumatised Gorden was hoovering and after Dillon's jumping and barking he went to get on the sofa and tangled himself up in the wire. Now having a cuppa and Gorden has managed to tip the metal side table over bang clatter. Dillon and I are going to have a nervous breakdown together.
Just having a cuppa then we are off to for a walk at Downham along the river bank there with our friends from Welney and their Bernese and GR.
chlosmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-12-2015, 01:28 PM
Hi Everyone!

The weather if anything has got worse here with mud everywhere and I'm sure there's more in the house than outside! I've given up washing the tiles as 5 minutes after I've finished they look no better than before I did them. Hopefully if the weather forecast is anything to go by, we're due for heavy frosts in the middle of the week and snow over the weekend.

We've just come back from a pretty disasterous walk. I think there must have been a fox lurking at the top of the land which both dogs caught the scent of and wanted to go after! Luckily they were both on leads otherwise they'd have been off in a flash, but holding them was hard work.

Amazing isn't it how 2 dogs who's combined weight is only 26 kgs can be so strong once they've got a scent in their noses? Anyway, I managed to walk them back down the hill and into the garden by bribing them both with treats!

They're now both fast asleep in the house after their adventure and mum is about to make herself a cuppa and relax for an hour!

Bye for now.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2015, 01:57 PM
i think mum deserves something more than a cuppa!!! i am amazed at how my little 15 kilo dog can cause me so much bother pulling when i used to manage 50 kilo of weight combined with my old 2 no trouble...very odd!!
Lynn, have a relaxing time this afternoon...hope no naughty dogs bother you
I just loooove cctv, for weeks now there has been someone allowing their dog to foul the footpaths in our street, i did have my suspicions and now i have the video proof....will be sending it and the details to the dog warden...nice start to new year for them... a fine for being disgusting and lazy Lol
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2015, 03:30 PM
Good afternoon

Poor you and Dillon Lynn being traumatised in your own home Hope you all have a peaceful walk with your friends.

Hope you don't get flooded June but better safe than sorry.

Good afternoon Griff hope you are feeling better now.

Been for a lovely walk (blow) along the seafront. It was really crowded, dogs children on bikes, scooters and roller skates but no one causing any problem. It was really cold and the sea was rough. Teazle is now zonked.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-12-2015, 03:55 PM
Walk with Mabs, Kesh and Zen was a bit scary. First some people came walking towards us with a couple of French Bulldogs (i think) Zen started to play chase, they panicked, I explained she was just 7 months with no brain worth mentioning, so they cheered up, finally managed to coax her back from her 'plaything' who was scared and lay on her back Then 2 guys with bikes, Zen ran a mile and wouldn't come past, then he parked his bike and went to her, and she was even more scared then, explained they aren't that good with strangers, finally got her back, in the meantime lady with a lab had come up, but she was good and kept where she was while I sorted everyone out. Was relieved to get on the roads, which was more or less incident free, till we got back into the village, which is chock a block with bin wagons, road cleaners and sweepers, jet washers, massive council wagon for all the ruined furniture and kitchen stuff, heartbreaking to see it all piled up covered in mud and silt. Took Cariad and Lona a walk round, handed out bones. Cleaned up, all bin liners outside, put indoor rubbish in car, drove round and picked up bin liners, off to tip, which was busy, case of one out one in to parking slots. Came home and took 2 bags of cleaning stuff over to the church which is looking more like a jumble sale every minute. The pews are loaded with items, and a notice at the end of the pew tells you what is there. They are appealing for mops, buckets, cloths, bin bags, rubber gloves, disinfectant, cleaning stuff at the moment. There is a production line going, one lady takes a bucket, adds disinfectant, another adds gloves, another adds cleaner and so it goes on down the line until the full bucket is handed over and a batch goes down to the house which needs it. So far the village has raised £4k and the church is ram jam full of donated items, people are now donating furniture which is being stored in volunteers garages and is being collected by other volunteers as the houses now have to dry out before anyone or anything can go back in. Most heartwarming sight was 2 Asian guys, full beards and regalia with hi-vis vests sat on picnic chairs outside the church having a brew in between jobs, everytime I hear what Daesh have done, I will think of that.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2015, 05:15 PM
Nice to hear that everyone seems to be working together TW...not all are bad sadly it is the maniacs that get them all a bad name, shame really.
Sue, might have to send my 2 down to you for a bit of sea air to zonk them out
Walked my 2, kota now refuses to bring the ball back to me and expects me to go and fetch it from her, all that got her was the ball taken away and clipped back on the lead and her walk spent on the lead, deags on the other hand fetches the ball back to me lovely...each and every time
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-12-2015, 05:23 PM
No visits from David Cameron, or anyone for that matter, though. The promised gully cleaners from the Council never arrived either, despite being told they were on their way several times, they seem to have got lost somehow
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2015, 05:58 PM
David Cameron went to the lakes i think....did hear something about him and a visit but didn't catch where. Wonder if the council wouldn't pay overtime?? I know all of our services don't start until tomorrow and most are off all the way through to the 4th... I would hope that overtime pay wasn't the problem
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »