View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2015, 05:32 PM
Evening all, very pleased to read that no one has been washed away....yet!!!
Lynn, that is a lovely this g to do and I hope they take up your offer
Andrews has gone, kota is pining...he has said he won't have the dogs when I am gone and if something happens to my parents.... I will have to have a rethink now..mum has said she will make sure that their will...when they do it states that the house is to be sold and the money goes to the dogs to be cared for...probably to my friend who does rescue, I know they would be well taken care of then and she would find them a good home...best bit is he would have expected me to keep his mates dog...I would have done quite happily but obviously a one way street
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-12-2015, 05:53 PM
Lynn, my OH went into a big PC store to get me a laptop and lost the will to live, came home empty handed😡
Hope all is settling oop norf for Gordon & June, how scary were the pics on the news.

Shame that poor lady was confused, Nippy. I'm worried my mum is getting a bit confused, have got her an organiser as she's doubled up on cards and pressies.
I trust all progressing well with Eileen's grand kids and hope everyone else is ok after the festive celebrations.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-12-2015, 07:01 PM
I did the same Twix, got my mum a diary, but it was there unopened and unused when she passed away, so don't pin your hopes on it. Quite sad this year because when I was having a clear out I found a load of Christmas wrapping paper and thought oh I'll use that this year, which I did, but with it there was a bag, in the bag was all the cards I had bought for her to send to everyone (including me), she went into hospital a couple of weeks before Christmas (4years ago) and passed away in there.
They've raised over £2k here in the village to help people who have been flooded out and are appealing for cleaning stuff, also said (this morning) they don't need bedding anymore. I did offer to do tip trips when I passed one of the guys with a shovel this morning and he said they'd got it covered, there's stabling been arranged for horses, foster homes for cats and dogs and people have offered caravans and spare rooms. Maybe the Cobra Committee meeting will come up with the brilliant idea of diverting 'Aid' to their own people, somehow I doubt it.
Moyra, we're all doing well for our age
Harvey I thought it was a dodgy place to build houses when the land came up for sale, there was a boat builders interested in it, which was the logical thing to me actually, but no they have got planning permission for houses, and it is back up for sale again now, if someone has bought it on that basis they must be on the verge of wrist slashing, river has never been recorded that high. It carried itself through to Manchester City centre, passing Salford and Eccles on the way,where the riverbank isn't as high as ours, and the results are all over the papers
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-12-2015, 08:41 PM
Dreadful scenes June. Cannot imagine how people must be feeling.

Trying to get to grips with this new laptop.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-12-2015, 08:59 PM
Evening All.
Pleased to see that all is well with the Dogsey Citizens. Really glad June didn't get anymore rain as there has been enough for anyone's tastes. Perhaps the drier day today will help - our river has gone down quite a long way over the day. I do see though, on the farming forecast, there is very heavy rain forecast for Wednesday onwards.
We have dinner guests this evening and I've just popped out to post on here as I realised I hadn't posted today. Didn't want anyone sending a helicopter out to search for me.
See you all tomorrow, take care of yourselves. G.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-12-2015, 09:02 PM
Oooh Lynn is it Windows 8 or Windows 10. I got a 2nd hand one with Windows 7 as the thought of 8 is too much for my poor brain, and no idea what 10 will bring
Have a lovely evening LG, yes the river has dropped a lot, but like you say it is due again on Wednesday, with really strong winds, coming from the West though, so that means it will be blown over the Penines
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2015, 09:03 PM
Lol, LG...was getting a bit worried about you...was going to blow up my dinghy and come find you!!!
Saw all the flooding on the news, I think if I was one of those who had bought a new place and it had flooded, I would be seeking legal advice especially as it would seem the council and therefore builders must have been aware of the flood risk
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-12-2015, 09:12 PM
I remember the paper mill being flooded a few times, yet they build houses on the land There haven't been any floods in the actual village in the recent past, but it has happened before, but most of the people (in fact probably all) have no idea that the mill that was there before the houses was flooded regularly, and it was so bad one time that all the houses on the river bank were demolished and they banned any more being built on that site.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

27-12-2015, 10:27 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
I think if I was one of those who had bought a new place and it had flooded, I would be seeking legal advice especially as it would seem the council and therefore builders must have been aware of the flood risk
Hi Griff, anyone can go on the Met Office web site and find the page which shows the flood plain in your area.

No one should be allowed to build on these 'flood plains' but we now know that some councils have ignored the warnings and the result is what we see on our TV now
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

27-12-2015, 10:33 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
and they banned any more being built on that site.
Memories are short aren't they June

Well you know my feelings. There are too many people. If the population was closer to 40 million and not the 63 million which it is now there would be no need to build on floodplains.

Have a good evening all, I'm of to my bed, might read a book, and sleep (Until Casey decides he needs a wee was half past two last night )
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >