register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-12-2015, 09:45 PM
Yeah Harvey, just had a friend on the phone and she said as much because I was saying how bad I felt that I screamed at him like that because he was barking because he was desperate, but it was just like the final straw for me tonight, no idea why I flipped like that, poor Zen, she thought it was her as well, they aren't used to me going off on one.
They're all still in bed tonight, probably scared to come out
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

24-12-2015, 09:58 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
They're all still in bed tonight, probably scared to come out
I doubt it, more like the weather is wet and windy and they have nice warm beds
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-12-2015, 10:02 PM
Keshi was asleep in the little kennel, but she's vanished, so they're all in the Big House now.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

24-12-2015, 10:03 PM
So the Lord of Sadleworth will be with us for a while longer, dam it, that virus I embeded in my last message to him didn't work Just in case you read this LG do not panic, only kidding, don't have the technology to do such dastardly things anyway.

Good night all, Merry Christmas, will likely look in sometime tomorrow, don't know when but will try.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2015, 10:40 PM
TW, everyone has their limit...at least you realise that it isn't the dogs fault...lots don't
Forgot to say earlier my dads cousins daughter but a crossbred pup a cockerxpoodle, had it 5days...got a bit ill, fetched it to the vet, parvo, 4days later the poor little mite was dead. The "breeder" refused to return the money, claims all the others have been tested and are negative and she has another litter for sale now...I told her to get the RSPCA to go check up on them and to contact trading standards and then small claims court....I feel sad the dog has died but they obviously didn't research where they were getting the dog from....she said that they may as well just take the dog with them...on first visit and same day they contacted her
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-12-2015, 10:46 PM
I hear things like this all the time, but still it goes on.All it needs is for people to start reading and listening AND HEARING the warnings and then not buying the cheapest pup they can but the pup from the best parents,brought up the best way and from a breeder who cares,may be more expensive initially, but 10 to 1 they will never see their money again will they, so a very expensive puppy coupled with vets bills, and the family heartbreak. Any gundog puppies should be litter eye screened by the way as there is a chance of PRA, they should research and research some more.
Where did they see the pup advertised, maybe get onto the site, complain and demand they take action.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2015, 10:53 PM
My aunty said it is a site called pets4homes......pretty sure that's what she said and it is Tamworth. I had a look myself but wasn't sure which one it was likely to be. I told my aunt next time go get a rescue...not sure that went down well and as I say I do feel bad for the pup and a bit bad for the family but I suspect they saw an ad, rung up and went and bought it...they weren't expecting to fetch the pupback and had to go buy everything for it at p@h.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-12-2015, 10:57 PM
Definitely complain to Pets4Homes,I only advertise on there and I know they have really tightened their act up recently, and if someone complains then they will follow it up and close the advertisers account if they feel there is just cause.If no one tells them, then they can't do anything about it and prevent it happening to other people, which it more than likely has done, if that pup had parvo then so did the rest,it is a real killer
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2015, 11:02 PM
That's what I said TW...so I said to send the RSPCA round...if there are any left hopefully they can do something, I said about trading standards and small claims not for the money but to teach the person a lesson. I will text my aunty tomorrow and get her to tell the lady to complain to the advertising website
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-12-2015, 11:07 PM
RSPCA will do nothing. BUT if this lady is breeding more than one litter a year then she should have a licence from her Local Authority and also she has to give Pets4Homes that licence number, so they need to know about it if she isn't playing by the rules (maybe has 2 accounts or something) and also if she doesn't have a licence then the Local Authority can take action. If she already has another litter advertised then she is in breach of quite a few regs already if she isn't licensed, if she is licensed and her puppies are sick, then they can and will investigate.
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >