03-04-2013, 01:54 PM
Poor boys. Loved the photos.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2013, 02:00 PM
Thanks for all the comments .... they are still sulking

Originally Posted by zoeyvonne View Post
I have 4 vets in my area, and all 4 have tried to talk me out of having the implant for Samson And ALL had to look up the implant to see what it was and find a price for it They have tried talking me into going for the snip instead, I want to find out the effects the snip would have on Samsons nervy disposition before I go for the full on snip but you would think i'm asking for something really weird?
The implant will give the same behavioural benefits as the snip. In my dogs when I had it done a year ago it stopped them marking, humping. One of mine is quite nervy and he was definitely better with the active chip. Unlike castration it won't alter their coat, nor put weight on. I honestly thought that both of my dogs were too lean, but the vet congratulated me on their condition and said he has never seen a fat entire male ..... which in spite of the implant they are still entire. Rucksack had a year implant and Flash had the six month one.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-04-2013, 02:02 PM
I have had Cariad spayed recently, and her coat loss is horrendous, I know she will lose coat anyway because she has had puppies, and also because of being spayed, but she quite literally has no tail left - just a sort of twig
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2013, 03:22 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
I have had Cariad spayed recently, and her coat loss is horrendous, I know she will lose coat anyway because she has had puppies, and also because of being spayed, but she quite literally has no tail left - just a sort of twig
OOOh do they lose their coat after spay?? that would explain a lot, Sasha turns my floor black with hairs at the mo when she's being fussed
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2013, 03:25 PM
Oh dear. They look like they're taking comfort in one another - that's you in the dog house then .
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2013, 03:25 PM
Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
Thanks for all the comments .... they are still sulking

The implant will give the same behavioural benefits as the snip. In my dogs when I had it done a year ago it stopped them marking, humping. One of mine is quite nervy and he was definitely better with the active chip. Unlike castration it won't alter their coat, nor put weight on. I honestly thought that both of my dogs were too lean, but the vet congratulated me on their condition and said he has never seen a fat entire male ..... which in spite of the implant they are still entire. Rucksack had a year implant and Flash had the six month one.
I really want to try the implant just in case it sets him back nerve wise, also other half is loath to get him done, and so am I to an extent, but if his behavior is much improved I would go for it rather than re-implant, Sasha never bothers him down there and he's not much of a preener either
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2013, 04:36 PM
Thanks everyone.

Originally Posted by zoeyvonne View Post
I really want to try the implant just in case it sets him back nerve wise, also other half is loath to get him done, and so am I to an extent, but if his behavior is much improved I would go for it rather than re-implant, Sasha never bothers him down there and he's not much of a preener either
My vet owns male dogs and he has never had any of them castrated but uses the implant and only one dog needed a further implant. No they don't lose coat or put weight on with the implant.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2013, 04:59 PM
Took me a while to work out that first pic Yep, you're definitely in that dog house Jen....until dinnertime when you might get a slight wag of both tails Bless their little hearts, only dogs can sulk quite like that I'm assuming you've already apologised by getting down on the floor with them????
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-04-2013, 05:44 PM
Sulking or not they are two of my favourite doggies so please give them a hug from Aunty Meg
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2013, 05:58 PM
Oh dear Jenny - you are in for a few days of grovelling methinks

Those two boys are so adorable, and are probably wondering how on earth you could be so heartless and cruel
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >