Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
JamieWilson
Dogsey Senior
Male 

03-04-2013, 09:49 AM

Got a NOISEY guest for the week!

We very naively agreed to look after my Mums dog for the week while she is in Portugal.
I kid you not it is like one of these nightmare dogs you see on 'It's Me Or The Dog'!

Any other dogs it see's whilst on a walk it goes absolutely berserk growling and barking, any noises outside the house it jumps up barking and growling.

And the lovely little surprise we had last night is my Mum seems to have took to letting it sleep in the bed with her, as we wouldn't let it sleep with us it spent the whole night barking. We got maybe the odd half hour spell of silence throughout the night, but other than that it was constant through to the morning

Any advise on how we can make this week easier?

She wants us to have it in June as well when she goes to Montenegro for a week.

Here are some pictures of it: (Our dogs are fine with him, although a little annoyed their precious sleep was interrupted)

HELP!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2013, 09:59 AM
Ear plugs?

Seriously, any progress you make in a week is going to be undone very quickly when she goes home
JamieWilson
Dogsey Senior
Male 

03-04-2013, 10:03 AM
I'm not to bothered about the long term, that can be my Mums problem!

I was thinking of any ideas to settle him at night, the neighbours have children and I felt really guilty last night.

Our two absolutely never bark, never so i'm sure they will have noticed the change in volume!

We are detached but he is loud for a little one!
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2013, 10:22 AM
I can't see how you can make any changes for a week that would help really other than let her in with you. Feel a bit sorry for her she is missing her Mum !
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2013, 10:50 AM
lol! It looks like butter wouldn't melt in its mouth too!

I looked after a tiny sweet looking pomeranian type for someone a while back and it wasn't a barker and did sleep on its own OK. But boy was it a lunatic out on walks!

My dog had died a few months before so only had this one to deal with. I was looking forward to the daily dog walk again.

I had to find places where we'd meet no one and be dragged along with this zig zagging erratic lunatic running round my legs. Never again!

And if we did go on the pavements for short distances it peed up EVERY gate and door we passed - didn't miss one of them out (and Cypriots hate that - they emerge with buckets of water and curses!) I avoided busier places like the plague.

Does make you realise though just how well you've brought your own dogs up doesn't it?
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2013, 11:39 AM
Hopefully after a days playing in the yard with your two, he will be too tired to bark, all you can do is tire him out I would have thought? Good luck, and my advise is to go missing in June lol
JamieWilson
Dogsey Senior
Male 

03-04-2013, 11:55 AM
i hope so!
I might book myself a mini break in June!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2013, 12:43 PM
Originally Posted by JamieWilson View Post
i hope so!
I might book myself a mini break in June!
Sounds like a plan to me!
JamieWilson
Dogsey Senior
Male 

03-04-2013, 12:56 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Sounds like a plan to me!
Might even book a nice week in Bellapais, not been yet this year
coventrycatfish
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-04-2013, 01:49 PM
Originally Posted by JamieWilson View Post
I was thinking of any ideas to settle him at night, the neighbours have children and I felt really guilty last night.

It might be an idea to nip round to the neighbours, tell them you have your mother's dog for a week and apologise for his barking.

Our new neighbour looked after a dog that belonged to a family member for a week just after she moved in. She apologised for the noise after the first night. The relief from knowing it was only short term made it much easier to ignore for the rest of the week.

(I know I always seem to have new neighbours, I swear we don't drive them out. The house next door is privately rented and most tenants only seem to stay for three or six months. This one is nice, so I'm hoping she will stick around).
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >