02-04-2013, 12:04 AM
It's very frustrating

There's an Ovcharka (sp) on our local Gumtree *sigh*
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2013, 09:14 AM
Originally Posted by Moli View Post
MOTHER IS A MIXTURE OF BREEDS RHODESIAN RIDGEBACK ,WOLFHOUND ,ALSATION ,DOBERMAN ,ROTWEILER ,FATHER IS A LURCHER CROSS GOOD TEMPRAMENT DOGS LIVELY PUPS IN NEED OF GOOD HOMES GOOD ALL...

On our local gumtree.............
Hi I wrote to a paper recently regarding an Advert that my step granddaughter replied to re a puppy no response crystalgirl
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2013, 09:24 AM

Looks like they will be huge........
Darcy Boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2013, 11:01 AM
Can't imagine what they will look like!!!
chlosmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-04-2013, 12:50 PM
I'm on holiday in the UK at the moment and looking through the local weekly newspaper I'm staggered at the price people ask for cross breed puppies.

Both my dogs are pure bred, non pedigree, born and bred in Hungary and bought as puppies from small but reputable breeders. I paid £50 for my Tibetan Spaniel and £125 for my Shar-Pei.

My neighbours thought I was mad paying so much for them when I could have had a cross breed for nothing or a pure bred Puli (very common here) for around £20!
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2013, 02:46 PM
Originally Posted by Moli View Post

Looks like they will be huge........
They are at least the same colour,but cant tell what size they will be as cant really see there feet,crystalgirl
Vicky88
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-04-2013, 07:09 PM
Wow, what a mix!. They do look abit thin, lovely colour though.

Well i have seen Shih Tzu's crosses going for alot of money, about £500 and more than that!. I have seen pure bred Shih Tzu's for £350. Just don't get how some people can get away with putting a price tag like that on a mixed breed dog.

Holly is a Border Collie and i paided around £250 for her.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2013, 05:13 PM
To me they look a bit ribby. Puppies at this age should be plump little pigeons. That mix I would have thought would be horrendous in terms of aggression.
Pep_Sounds
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-04-2013, 06:11 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
To me they look a bit ribby. Puppies at this age should be plump little pigeons. That mix I would have thought would be horrendous in terms of aggression.

I would sincerely hope it is the angle they have been caught at - I know I was constantly worried about Cora looking ribby in photos when she was younger yet she seemed fine, albeit lean, otherwise.

With the exception of the Rottie element in the mix, I would expect them to be relatively lean with obvious "puppy rolls", but I agree they do look ribby.

If some of them are underweight though I don't think allowing them all to eat together from one dish helps any.

By the amount of crosses detailed in the mother in particular it makes me imagine that they come from successive generations of dogs that are/were un-neutered, bred/crossbred and sold - basically BYB at it's worst. To me this indiscriminate breeding raises more concerns about temperament/aggression than the breed mix itself.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2013, 06:16 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
I was thinking the same. Usually puppies have fat little bellies. You can see the ribs on all of them.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >