Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2013, 08:41 PM
Originally Posted by anonymousone View Post
Just went to walk my dog whos not great at dogs off lead approaching him, took into park 100yrds from my house, I allways hover at gate, to see who's is there, as mines not good if theres a dog off lead who I don't know I walk back out.

Two staffs off lead one a very big staff poss something else, both suddenly start to charge towards us, so I leave the park and promptly , very promptly walk away I don't want to risk a fight. the couple scream at their dog as its trying to chase us.

ten minutes later I bump into them, and the women starts screaming that her dog could of run into the road, I explained I didn't want a possible fight and she still wouldn't accept it, I explained I have every right to walk in and out of a park but no! a full scale ruck just what I needed after a relaxing weekend away, I don't enjoy walking my dog anymore .
Hi dont let these sort of people spoil your life,go about your business and if you spot them,just ignore.I know its not easy,when I took Red out the first time after we moved to a new area.a group of kids started shouting abuse about him not being a real dog,he used to sit outside just watching the world go by,they started shouting.but I brought him in an didnt say anything.they got tired of it and left us alone crystalgirl
Shane
Dogsey Senior
Male 

01-04-2013, 08:59 PM
She should not let her dogs off if she can't control them, nothing more to be said
anonymousone
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-04-2013, 09:03 PM
Thanks for your support I shouldn't rant on here, but was really fed up over this, I am festering ill be honest.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2013, 09:05 PM
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
She should not let her dogs off if she can't control them, nothing more to be said
Agree. Same thing has happened to me just once. A couple of years ago. Stupid woman could not get her dog to come back to her - it was chasing after me and Bella and jumping up at us.

A waterway runs the length of where we walk. We were one side of it and her the other side but her dog had run right to the bridge and over to our side. This meant she was quite close to me but had a long way to go to get to her dog having to get to the bridge and backtrack!

I picked Bella up and turned smartly away towards home. She had the gall to scream at me 'Will you STAY THERE so I can get him?' lol!

I shouted back to her 'Don't tell me to STAY - teach your blerdy dog to stay!' and continued on even faster until I got to the door of the block stamped and shooed her dog away and slammed the door shut in it's face. (I had half a mind to let it get in the lift while I took the stairs!)

I'm always surprised how many people who have no control over their dogs have them offlead! It just makes the owner look so stupid and ineffectual as they shout louder and louder while their dog totally ignores them.

Fortunately that's one I've never met again since then. I admit I almost laughed when she commanded ME to STAY!
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2013, 09:09 PM
She sounds a bit bonkers to be honest! Remus' recall isn't 100% and Tonks can chose to finish what she is doing before she returns, but what she is doing never includes chasing after other dogs or people! Remus is a work in progress but they half to go off lead in order to practice really!

Having said that, I only let them off lead in safe places and like remote woods, and in Remus' case I am constantly on the look out for other people, dogs, joggers and cyclists and he gets put back on lead until they pass or want to say hello.

It's ridiculous to blame their dogs recall issues on you! Just some nuttahs who can't accept their responsibility so want to lay it on you!
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2013, 10:20 PM
That's terrible, my dog is very sociable and loves saying hello but if I see someone with their dog on the lead I immediately call her away or put her on the lead whichever is first. It's like if I see my neighbour with his dog I put Rosie straight on lead because his dog isn't fond of other dogs coming to him ( although he's beginning to love her) ignore the ignorant silly woman
Timber-
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-04-2013, 10:28 PM
Don't fret over it. The crazy woman probably isn't anymore, so why should you?

You did nothing wrong and it's not like anything happened that she could use against you if you were to run into her again.
Florence
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-04-2013, 12:42 AM
I know it's difficult and stuff like that always gets me. But you should just ignore her and if you see her again turn around and leave. She clearly has no idea and certainly no respect for others.

I was in the park today with Ella and she's not good with other dogs. I'm starting to work on it but I want to go slow and introduce her to non threatening dogs so I can teach her which reaction is acceptable etc. Today there were 3 massive Huskies/Malamutes (didn't see it properly) there at quite a distance, but one of them (looked quite young) ran straight towards us and the other two followed. Ella clocked them and got really tense. Luckily I was with 2 other people and they shielded us from the dogs while I tried walking away with Ella distracting her.
If I had been alone it would have been much more difficult. Many people call their dogs back when they see me put mine on the lead but some just think it's fine. Which in my opinion isn't.
Jessiesdad
Dogsey Junior
Male 

02-04-2013, 06:42 AM
There are many idiots about who don't have the intelligence to have a dog/s.
It's not your problem whether their dog/s get on the road.
Personally I would have very calmly and seriously told her to eff off. Maybe that's not your style but it works for me.
I keep Jess on a lead when there are other dogs about in the quiet places we go to for off lead fun because I know that she doesn't like all other dogs and is fearful of some which makes her aggressive. If you're doing all the right things then you have no worries.
Stick up for yourself.
Baxter8
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-04-2013, 06:50 AM
Isn't that just the classical response of someone refusing to take responsibility for their dogs - makes me so mad. If their dogs don't have good recall and charge towards other dogs then they shouldn't be offlead.

You are perfectly entitled to walk anywhere you wish and change your mind at any time, it's not up to you to take their dogs into consideration.

Originally Posted by anonymousone View Post
Just went to walk my dog whos not great at dogs off lead approaching him, took into park 100yrds from my house, I allways hover at gate, to see who's is there, as mines not good if theres a dog off lead who I don't know I walk back out.

Two staffs off lead one a very big staff poss something else, both suddenly start to charge towards us, so I leave the park and promptly , very promptly walk away I don't want to risk a fight. the couple scream at their dog as its trying to chase us.

ten minutes later I bump into them, and the women starts screaming that her dog could of run into the road, I explained I didn't want a possible fight and she still wouldn't accept it, I explained I have every right to walk in and out of a park but no! a full scale ruck just what I needed after a relaxing weekend away, I don't enjoy walking my dog anymore .
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >