Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
pingu007
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-01-2011, 05:20 PM

Open day idea's

Im thinking of having an open day to promote my new business, and need idea's on what i could do!
The hall I use for 'playcare' is also a dog behaviour and training centre,so will be able to get friends to maybe do fun displays such as agility,rally, flyball ect possibly have a fun dog show? any idea's on how to attract potential customers to an open day?
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2011, 06:52 PM
Buffet/drinks?

Money - that usually draws people in LOL

I think loads of people would come if you stuck flyers through their doors and around where you're setting it up Oh and use Betty - I'd come if I could get just to see Betty!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2011, 07:01 PM
Will people be bringing their dogs?
If so, then having an enclosure for each visiting dog to `do` something would be nice (a very simple course - hop over a pole, walk through a hoop, weave round cones ).
Also, if I were putting my dog in daycare (that`s what the business is, isn`t it?) I`d want to talk to staff about my dog, so short 1-1 activities or chats would be valuable.
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2011, 07:18 PM
Would teaching/ enlightening/educating of children n parents to be dog n safety/consideration issues awareness be an idea perhaps? Making it fun in some way so folk n kids take a real interest n change in attitude/understanding. Sorry am rambling, just a thought, good luck with everything
twilightwolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-01-2011, 08:04 PM
you could try and encourgage people to come along by combining it with a charity fundraiser (such as a sponsered dog walk) for a dogs charity close to your heart.

This way you could raise some money for a cause, meet new people and of course promote your business by giving out small lucky bags with different things in. If your lucky and you do it right, maybe the local paper with give you an article advertising your business doing the local dog walk.

Sort of... Sponsering it, you might say.
pingu007
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-01-2011, 12:11 PM
thanks everyone...lots of ideas to look into!