Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
harry
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-08-2009, 10:13 AM

Small ball launchers?

Has anyone ever seen any ball launchers for smaller size balls?

Pixie loves fetching balls but I'm not a very good throw, and tennis balls are too big for her to carry (I also don't like dogs chewing tennis ball material as it wears their teeth down). I have a small rubber ball on a rope which I can throw further, however a few times she has tangled herself up when running about with it - she's only got little legs!

Has anyone any ideas?
Labman
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-08-2009, 10:31 AM
Check the toy departments. I think I have seen kids guns that shoot balls. Something might work for you.
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2009, 08:29 AM
Tesco currently have two hand held scoops that take all size of balls up to tennis balls - for £1. (kind of banana shaped) In the kids summer fun section. I can throw a ball the length of our 90ft garden with them.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2009, 09:58 AM
Originally Posted by harry View Post
Has anyone ever seen any ball launchers for smaller size balls?

Pixie loves fetching balls but I'm not a very good throw, and tennis balls are too big for her to carry (I also don't like dogs chewing tennis ball material as it wears their teeth down). I have a small rubber ball on a rope which I can throw further, however a few times she has tangled herself up when running about with it - she's only got little legs!

Has anyone any ideas?
Shorten the rope ?? or get a ball on a rope like this or this or this There are pictures on the links on the pages. Even my cavaliers can retrieve the last one
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2009, 10:21 AM
Tesco's and the Pound Shop were doing them, they take smaller balls.
harry
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-08-2009, 09:26 AM
Cool thanks I'll check out Tesco - in the children's toys section is it?

Pixie even manages to get her front legs tangled in her halti link if she gets too excited and you're not supervising her closely enough. She's an odd little thing, like a scruffy ginger border terrier with shorter legs and a stretched out back.