View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2009, 11:57 AM
I would rant to, stupid people really annoy me, poor dog, who knows what could mate with her.
JanieM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-08-2009, 12:03 PM
It would annoy me too. I think it's only fair if you've got an in season bitch to walk her where you are unlikely to meet other dogs or pavement walk her.

There are several people round here who allow their in season bitch to walk off lead in the village playing field where loads of others walk their dogs even though the bitch is dripping blood. It's asking for trouble and very ufair to other dog walkers.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2009, 10:16 PM
sounds like another good reason for stopping some people from owning dogs really. You dont have to be a horrid person to be a bad owner you just have to be stupid and selfish !!!
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2009, 11:17 PM
Hi,

Ellie was spayed in ASpril but during her first season in January she was confined to the hosue and garden. The first few days she was actually quite unwell and didn't know what to do with herself. Then when she was ready to go out I made sure she had enough mental stimulation and pyscial exercise int he back garden to keep her happy - not just for her sake and my peace of mind but for other owners and their dogs too.

I'm no martyr and would probab;y burst into flame if I went to confession, but I believe in doing the right thing by my dogs and if that means keeping in season bitches away form public areas, then so be it.

I ahve been known to rant and rave at people before for walking their bitches, even on-lead when in season but I've come to the conclusion they're so stupid it goes right over their heads.
I give up!!

Laura xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-08-2009, 06:49 AM
Thanks all good to know I am not just being over sensitive I worry about poor Angel more than anything. There a re a lot of large dogs round here and I have now explained twice that dogs even neutered can tie with a bitch and she is only small and may do her some damage and what if she did get pregnant she now has two other dogs aswell.

She was out with Angel and the others again last night I could see them from my kitchen window I give up there is no helping some people. I will now just continually worry about poor Angel but not much I can do.
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2009, 07:03 AM
I have had unspayed bitches in the past and they were seldom out of the garden . If I took them out at all I would get up at 5am and take them out on the lead .
None of my dogs have ever been mated .
People like the owner of that little dog make my blood boil they are so irresponsible
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2