View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tye_Bo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-08-2007, 09:31 PM
We were home number 5 for my dog (he was 11 months old) and he was originally called Tyson. The people who had him before us already had a boxer called Tyson so they shortened it to Tye. We were going to rename him Louis after Louis Dobermann who created the breed but we figured he'd had such a rough start we should probably keep it. So his real name is Tye but we call him Tyebo as a nickname or BoBo Dobie
Clipper
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-08-2007, 09:37 PM
Love all the names you have picked and for so many different reasons. Don't you think that more dogs are being given human names ?? My sister has a mini schnauzer called Wallace after William Wallace and don't laugh but my mums pom is called Ali after Mohammed Ali. LOL
Fantastic post everyone. What about adding our dogs pedigree names ?? Any special reason for them??

Gair is Varimac Blue Desert Sh.CM, not sure why they picked that but when I was collecting him I was given the choice of this name or Varimac Va Va Voom. As Gair is so full of pep, I dread to think what this other puppy must be like with a name like that. LOL
Fernie has the pedigree name of Loch Ryans Bold Bear. He was bred in Cairn Ryan on the west coast of Scotland, Loch Ryan isn't that far away and Bold Bear because he was quite a bold puppy. He has turned into such a gentleman but does retain an air of calm boldness, so aptly named.
Keep the great names and reasons coming. I am enjoying reading all your posts.
Clipper & the furry gang.
Tye_Bo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-08-2007, 09:58 PM
Tye's kennel is all called Landslip something. They are from Wales.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2007, 10:01 PM
Bailey was William when I got him at 7 months, but my sisters Clumber Spaniel was called the same name. Because of his colouring, (pale orange belton), I thought the name Bailey would suit him. Tyler was my mums mums maiden name. Remy is a name I always loved and I had a Harvey and a Bailey so thought I may as well have another boozy name. Leon was called that when I got him at 6 months and his breeder asked if I would keep it so I agreed. Alfie was Alfie long before he was born, I just love the name. Gracie was Lucy when I rescued her and I thought she should have a new name for her new life, but one that sounded similar so as not to confuse her. Fabian is another name that I loved but never had a dog that it suited, until Fabey came along, his litter sister is named Leonie after their daddy Leon. Giddy is just that, I wanted something to describe him, although he is formally known as Gideon. Ebony was born with a huge black eye patch and I knew she was going to be a very dark girl so it had to be that. Tawny was another Lucy when I got her at 6 months, I named her after the first part of my affix and because of her colouring. Bradley is my dads favourite name and every time one of my brothers or sisters had another baby he was hoping they would call it Bradley. Unfortunately, 11 grandchildren later no-one would do it for him so I felt it was the least I could do, I don't think it pleased my dad as much as I thought it would, he was hoping that maybe another baby would come along and now I've used his name
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

02-08-2007, 10:04 PM
Skye - Because we got him as a puppy a couple of weeks old just before we got married. As a result we decided to have a really quick honeymoon for a few days in Scotland and ended up on Skye.

Fingal - We just liked the idea of keeping the Scottish connection. It sounded very different to Skye (for calling) and it kind of went with Skye's name.

Breagh Bree-A - As she came from my brother in Co Meath, we wanted an Irish name (Irish for Beutiful) and you lot voted it your favourite from the dozen or so that I put up on a dogsey poll.
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2007, 10:06 PM
Willow got her name cos she was so fine and willowy when we got her. Also, I wanted a name associated with the moon, since the day I went to see her there was the most huge full moon that night. Willow is a tree associated with the moon.

With Archie we had a few names we couldn't decided between, so I posted a poll on here to help us choose the name and Archie was the most popular.

Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-08-2007, 10:20 PM
Ruby and Onyx because they are both precious stones and precious to us.

Max, Jess and Skye came to us with those names.
ebrcknrdg
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-08-2007, 10:28 PM
Minnie - Very self explanatory. I mean just look....

8 weeks

and now (very corny photo-apologies!)

Couldnt really call her anything else because as soon as i saw her i just knew that Minnie was going to be her name. I did have a few names in mind knowing that i wanted a small bitch such as Pip, Polly, Tilly etc etc but they just went out the window
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2007, 10:41 PM
Patsy was named by father just because he said it suited her, Merry was just that a happy bouncy pup. Sian was a plain Jane so registered as Sian. Sally was named before we got her, Cai 's Kennel name was Cai Costowci Welsh for Kay's watch dog Kay being our surname. Cariad was my darling. Dewi was named after an uncle, but his kennel name ended up as Dewiniath as the Kennel Club turned down Dewi Kayos was named when I had him as a kennel name it it suited him so kayos he stayed. Might add he had a mother called Havoc & a brother called riot. Anni was Annis Angel Annis as she was born on St Patrick's day so all the litter had an Irish name beginning with a & angel because she didn't have an affix so had to have two names.
Thats it apart from Dax & as he'd had his name for at least 10 years when I had him Dax he is
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2007, 10:50 PM
Fudge was named after her mum who was still in the rescue when we got her. I was so sad leaving the mum behind that we named our Fudge in honour of her mum. She had had puppies on the streets of Manchester and was brought into rescue with them just before Xmas.What an amazing mum as there were about 10 pups in the litter!

I did phone up about a week later to ask after her and she had been rehomed too.I was so pleased for such a happy ending.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >