Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Buster & Bella
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-08-2005, 12:04 PM

Grumpy old man

Hi all

yesterday was walking Buster in the field and we bumped into his Chocolate Retriever friend 'Bailey' and as we (the owners) always do when we bump into each other is let them off the lead for a play, they r both bositerous fella's and they love playin with each other and its good excercise for them and it tires them out!

So anyway they are playing happily and me and the owner are having a chin wag when an old man comes along with a white terrier type of dog and the boys run up to him and we call them back and the white dog starts growling!

Well the grumpy old man starts shouting at as that his dog is protecting him and we should keep our dogs on a lead and something about our dogs being viscious when it was his dog that was growling and ours just wanted 2 play and wouldnt hurt a fly!

I was very good and kept my mouth shut!

I am a believer in letting my dog have a bit of freedom!!!

aparently Baileys' owner has seen this man before and he said the same thing!

all i can say is brumps we were in a field for goodness sake with no 1 else around!
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-08-2005, 12:07 PM
theres always 1 dont worry about it.
Buster & Bella
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-08-2005, 12:09 PM
i know thanks leo but next time i run into him it will be hard to keep ssshhhh, he is a well known grumps!
rob
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-08-2005, 12:11 PM
Hi Buster I know what you mean my dog loves to play with other dogs and people but you will always find grumpy people with or without dogs
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-08-2005, 12:11 PM
i know what you mean but just think your better than that. he is the one with the problem not you!
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2005, 12:12 PM
Accepting that the 'grumpy old man' may have over reacted, I do think you should accept that an elderly gent should be able to walk his dog in a public place without two free range dogs disrupting his peace and quite. Yes dogs should have free exercise but the handler should call them back before they interfere with the use of the facility by others.
Buster & Bella
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-08-2005, 12:19 PM
yes i do accept that but hey they were playing and there was no need for the 'attitude' and both our dogs are still pups
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2005, 12:25 PM
People who are not steady on their feet, are not sure of their dogs reaction or have a fear of falling will over react, they are scared, in pain, or both
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-08-2005, 12:26 PM
Originally Posted by Thordell
Accepting that the 'grumpy old man' may have over reacted, I do think you should accept that an elderly gent should be able to walk his dog in a public place without two free range dogs disrupting his peace and quite. Yes dogs should have free exercise but the handler should call them back before they interfere with the use of the facility by others.
Sometimes things are not as clearcut as they they seem
The grumpy old man may be ill or scared his little dog might get hurt...
As Thordell says the old man may have over reacted..but when someone behave like this there is often a reason..
Buster & Bella
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-08-2005, 12:33 PM
the man was not that old to be unsteady or scared he was just a 'grumps'
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »