Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Timber-
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-10-2013, 11:10 PM

It's Been a While

I'm still fostering Mocha. I can't even remember how many months she's been here. Just a quick recap on her story. Mocha is a very fearful girl and I've been working on her to get her to the point of being adoptable. She still needs a lot of work, but she has made slow progress. We did get a really good application for her adoption. Paws crossed they are the perfect home for my girl.

Florence
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-10-2013, 11:40 PM
I remember when you first posted about Mocha.. She's still gorgeous, if not more! I can clearly see the difference in her, you've done a wonderful job!
Hopefully she'll find a forever home soon.. I know if she was here and I had a house with a garden, I woudn't hesitate
Timber-
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-10-2013, 12:01 AM
Originally Posted by Florence View Post
I remember when you first posted about Mocha.. She's still gorgeous, if not more! I can clearly see the difference in her, you've done a wonderful job!
Hopefully she'll find a forever home soon.. I know if she was here and I had a house with a garden, I woudn't hesitate
Awww, too bad you're so far away. Mocha is a very challenging girl in the sense that she progresses really slow and at times regresses, but well worth seeing her run around happy with Tynan. She loves Tynan
Patience is also very important when working with her too, but it's ok. It's good practice to learn a lot of patience, lol.
Timber-
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-10-2013, 12:14 AM
I'm also fostering this sweetie Loca. She's not in the best shape since she had a huge mammary tumor and is obvious she's had many litters. She was found as a stray too and the shelter didn't even want to post her for adoption. I have no idea why as she is so cute and sweet. Absolutely nothing wrong with her other than the health issues. She went under surgery last week to get spayed and have the tumor removed when the vet found 2 more, so she had to have 3 whole mammary glands removed. We're still waiting for the biopsy and praying it isn't cancer and that she is not palliative. We were also afraid since she is estimated to be about 10 years old, but too much of a risk to leave her with the tumors. She has a raging ear infection in one ear and a milder one in the other ear. She skin is horrible and aggravated under her belly, perineal area, and parts of her legs. And the worse thing is her ears were cut off by whoever had her.

Loca LOVES to sleep completely under blankets, lol. You can't even tell she's there. I have pictures but they're still uploading.

Florence
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-10-2013, 12:14 AM
I get the same with Ella. Progress is slow but when I do see a breakthrough it's the best feeling in the world!
I lived in Canada for a little while, in Toronto. Maybe I should have stayed
Florence
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-10-2013, 12:16 AM
Originally Posted by Timber- View Post
I'm also fostering this sweetie Loca. She's not in the best shape since she had a huge mammary tumor and is obvious she's had many litters. She was found as a stray too and the shelter didn't even want to post her for adoption. I have no idea why as she is so cute and sweet. Absolutely nothing wrong with her other than the health issues. She went under surgery last week to get spayed and have the tumor removed when the vet found 2 more, so she had to have 3 whole mammary glands removed. We're still waiting for the biopsy and praying it isn't cancer and that she is not palliative. We were also afraid since she is estimated to be about 10 years old, but too much of a risk to leave her with the tumors. She has a raging ear infection in one ear and a milder one in the other ear. She skin is horrible and aggravated under her belly, perineal area, and parts of her legs. And the worse thing is her ears were cut off by whoever had her.

Loca LOVES to sleep completely under blankets, lol. You can't even tell she's there. I have pictures but they're still uploading.

Oh my god Loca is such a sweetie! But what on earth happened to her ears?
She's clearly not seen the best of us humans
Timber-
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-10-2013, 12:17 AM
I get the same with Ella. Progress is slow but when I do see a breakthrough it's the best feeling in the world!
I lived in Canada for a little while, in Toronto. Maybe I should have stayed
It would have been awesome to have met you.
You would love Mocha. Even through her fears she is a very affectionate girl that loves to give kisses and nudges for your attention. Mocha also likes to howl along when I sing her songs.
Timber-
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-10-2013, 12:19 AM
Oh my god Loca is such a sweetie! But what on earth happened to her ears?
She's clearly not seen the best of us humans
Her ears were savagely cut off and you can clearly tell they weren't done by a vet. Seeing as to how they were cut off, I bet they were done when she was fully awake. I cannot imagine the horror and pain. Even though, she is a very affectionate and trusting girl. Proves the breed is an excellent example of a great dog.
Florence
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-10-2013, 12:22 AM
Originally Posted by Timber- View Post
It would have been awesome to have met you.
You would love Mocha. Even through her fears she is a very affectionate girl that loves to give kisses and nudges for your attention. Mocha also likes to howl along when I sing her songs.
Awww my dogs at home used to do that!! We used to do group howls lol
Ella doesn't, she doesn't understand howling. Probably cos she never grew up with a social dog.
Well if you ever come to the uk, here's a little girl who'd only love to give you nudges, hugs and kisses!
Timber-
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-10-2013, 12:45 AM
Awww my dogs at home used to do that!! We used to do group howls lol
Ella doesn't, she doesn't understand howling. Probably cos she never grew up with a social dog.
Well if you ever come to the uk, here's a little girl who'd only love to give you nudges, hugs and kisses!
I love kisses hugs and nudges.

More Loca

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >