View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Thalice
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-10-2013, 09:58 AM
I wish I could afford Petplan prices but I have 6 dogs and 2 cats and a pension to live on !

The others are with Animal Friends - who have been absolutely brilliant, but they wont insure my newbies.

I've not been able to find anything affordable. I dont want to cover breeding risks - I have a bit put aside for that, just everyday vets bills cover - which hopefully they will never need.

I have never had a puppy returned, but I have gone and taken one back who I felt wasnt being treated correctly. I have always done my utmost to support my puppy owners and some have been great friends now for many many years.

The 6 weeks free insurance is now reduced to 4 weeks and as far as I know only Petplan & the Kennel Club do this - I have checked and cant afford the prices.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2013, 04:53 PM
Bummer as breeding is an exclusion clause then can't you just insure them normally, after all apart from a possible STD males don't run any risks from breeding & if you don't claim for any problems connected with breeding for the bitch.

Have just done a proposal for a entire male & there is no mention of refusing the insurance because of them being used for breeding. Conditions caused by breeding are simply not covered
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2013, 05:04 PM
Originally Posted by Thalice View Post
The 6 weeks free insurance is now reduced to 4 weeks and as far as I know only Petplan & the Kennel Club do this - I have checked and cant afford the prices.

The KC insurance cover the first 4 weeks after transfer for free
Thalice
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-11-2013, 10:19 AM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
Bummer as breeding is an exclusion clause then can't you just insure them normally, after all apart from a possible STD males don't run any risks from breeding & if you don't claim for any problems connected with breeding for the bitch.

Have just done a proposal for a entire male & there is no mention of refusing the insurance because of them being used for breeding. Conditions caused by breeding are simply not covered
The whole insurance policy is invalid if the dog/bitch is used for breeding and I have to sign a declaration that the dog is not a banned breed, used for guarding or working gundog. Even the last is difficult because if I want a full champion they have to prove they can do the job they were bred for in the field.....

I know conditions caused by breeding are not covered but this seems to be a new thing - I suspect they dont want to encourage those who breed purely for profit and the reason they say they wont insure a dog used at stud is because this will change his temperament !!

I've still not found anything I can afford.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2