Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2023, 08:11 AM

Thinking Thursday 19th January 2023

Morning everyone. Well to cut a long story short Margaret made it but she caught an earlier bus as there was total grid lock along the roads. She got here but it took twice as long. The reason for an earlier bus was because she finished work earlier than usual as only half the children and staff in because of no buses running. And the total grid lock along the roads. Anyway we ate chinese type food and wine was imbibed. Then around 6ish she decided to take a different route home but the bus didn't come, again very slow moving traffic so she decided to walk back home. Some buses were taken off. I was so worried. Anyway she got back to her town, Shoreham by Sea and her hubby picked her up but they got stuck on one of the roads and she eventually got home at 8pm An hour and a half later than usual. Dire. I am hopeless at technical stuff. The reason for thinking is because I thought I had found another place to move to but have decided not to.It has a garden and bath but I think of all the packing and bending which is bad for me so have decided not to. Shame really but it was more money but I could have afforded it. Hope you all have a good day today.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2023, 09:13 AM
Good Morning Brenda and all to follow.

Off to work in a moment, finding full time working interesting not too much; however pleased I do irregularly think I have finally slowed my working life down. But also finding that by working full time I am in fact enjoying the longer days of doing something and think I was doing nothing with the time when working part-time - okay colds/flu/covid have restricted me a little with people catching the afore mentioned and me avoiding however think I have become lazy a thing I intend to change. So full time has woken me up and not a week yet.

Brenda What a palaver for Margaret but glad you got to see each other. Maybe your thoughts of a move are like mine "a little bit of a dream scenario" and fuelled by the fact we are browsing the sites. But the for and against lists make true reading maybe you need a flat with a balcony a little outside space of your own.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2023, 09:15 AM
Chris Sounds like a proper technical and manual day for you, glad it all got sorted and you are feeling so much better.

Right got to go to work.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-01-2023, 10:41 AM
Good morning brenda, Kazz and all to follow on this cold and frost day again.
Off to the hairdresser in a bit.
Well the car ended up being at the Thurlow Nunn dealership for 3 hours thank goodness for the waiting room and coffee machine Gorden could use. So 3 hours and £300 later they have diagnosed the turbo charger and confirmed wrong headlight units and bumper.
I had a nicer day with Beth we went out for lunch.
Gorden now in texting mode with the guy we bought the car from and how much he offers to sort the issue out. He has just said take it to his garage the one he uses I think. Saying they can do it all for £350.
The turbo charger alone and labour comes to just over £500 at our garage who we trust we can walk to and from and are not the most expensive in the area.
No news on the blockage as yet except for the councillor to say the drains are due a flushing and she has passed the request for our drains to be done urgently.
I will be glad when we have put all this behind us.

brenda glad Margaret got to you in the end and then home safely.
Kazz glad the full time working is going well.
Chris gosh you and Dave are clever with all the techy stuff.
griff hope you are feeling better and hope your uncle enjoys the sandwich toaster.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2023, 12:24 PM
Good morning everyone

Pleased Margaret maddest yesterday Benda but what a mess the roads were. Yes I agree thinking is enough but not actual moving

Enjoy you work today Kazz

Hopefully the guy will agree to meet the cost at least halfway Lynn. I think I would stick with your garage as his was meant to have cleared the fault when you bought it.

Hope you manage a quiet day today Chris

Very cold again on my school run and only slightly warmer walking Teazle 2hours later. Back again this afternoon and bringing two youngest home for their meal and Ben will also come here and then pick Maria up from gymnastics. Have tomorrow morning off though

Take care everyone
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2023, 12:50 PM
Afternoon all
Just waiting for Steve...have to get him a coffee in a sec so will be quick.
Lynn, your garage will be fitting a new/ recon turbo...his place will most likely be a second hand unit ( I am making assumptions here but at that price...I would bet I am right) whereby it could fail again in the near future...we had the same with my dad's BMW head, guy tried to get me to fit a second hand engine as he couldn't rebuild my dad's engine, my point was...why would I scrap my engine that had been maintained to fit an unknown which could fail?? Accepting a second hand light unit is an entirely different thing, won't cost hundreds and hundreds should it fail.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-01-2023, 03:41 PM
Sue enjoy your morning off.
griff yes we will either let our garage send the turbo charger off to be reconditioned or we will get a new one and let our garage fit it.
Sadly we do not trust the garage he uses but we trust our garage 100%.
Gorden will have a word with Donna about the reconditioning of the one on the car or a reconditioned one what she thinks when he goes down to pick up the Volvo later.

He hasn't got back to offer anymore money and said he understood we would want to use our garage.
We think we will hear no more he was finding it hard to understand the light units were the wrong ones for the car and it would not pass it's next mot on the lights it has.
It's an expensive fix but I guess for the low mileage and the make and model it will be worth it, we can keep it, or move it on when we know its fixed depending on how we feel about it.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2023, 11:49 PM
Evening all

Nah, Dave does the techie bits, I just help him back up off the floor

Flaming cough has come back again the past couple of days. I think it's the very cold weather doing it. Of course, the coughing then makes me out of breath so the inhalers have taken a battering

Took Gary for his flu jab this afternoon. Very late, the the illnesses that started in December meant neither of us were in a fit state to take him. Ah well, it's done now

Rosie has decided to go to Dave and is currently snoring in the bedroom. She very rarely opts to sleep in the bedroom. I just hope I don't trip up over her when I go to bed