View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
shyart
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-03-2009, 02:19 PM
I also belive in my opinion that the breeder was very responsible in taking the dog back,and i also think the owner was responsible to do so to them alone and not other people.Personaly i think it sounds like the dog was nipping because it would have done more damage.I wouldnt class this to be a dangerous dog and to have its life ended.I agree on the severity of bites should be looked into.Like i said it was just the wrong home i think and the owner has had a lot of stress.Im not getting at anyone i hope by putting my opinions across,after all they are only opinions
regards
niki
xxx
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2009, 05:08 PM
I have to repeat what i said earlier - that you have made the right decision IMO - the dog may have really done some damage to your kids or someone elses - then there wouldn't have been the option of re-homing it would have to be PTS. You have avoided this by being responsible and re-homing the dog.
3dognight
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-03-2009, 05:21 PM
ok, so the dog goes to the breeder ,,,dog get sold agian,dog bits agian.maybe.............i could not live with that ...may be ....where is the gurentee in that ,it a CHILD the dog bit not some adult...i have my opinion as you do ,there are far to many dog s that need home rather than placing one that bit a CHILD...no matter how severe,and its the law where i come from....they kill dogs that bit kids ,wouldent you at least sleep better if you know 100% that dog would never bit agian,and are you willing to put your child at risk.......you know , well i hope it doesnt happen!!!there is no excuse ... if my amstaff NIPPED,if my dogo bit,death would be swift and painless,and thank you for respecting my opinion on this thread...........
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2009, 05:37 PM
Originally Posted by 3dognight View Post
ok, so the dog goes to the breeder ,,,dog get sold agian,dog bits agian.maybe.............i could not live with that ...may be ....where is the gurentee in that ,it a CHILD the dog bit not some adult...i have my opinion as you do ,there are far to many dog s that need home rather than placing one that bit a CHILD...no matter how severe,and its the law where i come from....they kill dogs that bit kids ,wouldent you at least sleep better if you know 100% that dog would never bit agian,and are you willing to put your child at risk.......you know , well i hope it doesnt happen!!!there is no excuse ... if my amstaff NIPPED,if my dogo bit,death would be swift and painless,and thank you for respecting my opinion on this thread...........

so if your amstaff nipped or bit ( and i dont mean mauled here ) nipped YOUR CHILD because they hit them with a toy, or rammed something in their ear etc - you would PTS the dog ??? really ?? thats scary.

A nip is completely different from even a bite or being mauled. god puppies nip so would they have not made it either??

dogs have teeth and use their mouth so sometimes they do nip but its completely different to attacking.
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2009, 05:39 PM
I had a JRT that bit my son - i managed to get a place for him in a dogs home, i thought they would re-home with people with no kids but they assessed him and said that he wasn't suitable for re-homing period and they put him to sleep. I was not suggesting the dog be re-homed with people with kids. They told me at the dogs home that if a dog punctures the skin then theres not much hope.

Sure i can accept a dog nipping if provoked and it would depend on circumstances but if i thought my child was in danger my child would come first
3dognight
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-03-2009, 05:46 PM
lets hope the breeder is responcible ,and not looking for a money opp.they will be hard pressed to find a home for the dog in question,dog for sale,has bitten.a child..looking for a good home...........
3dognight
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-03-2009, 05:54 PM
occasinally bitten the children,is what she said.......more than once !!!!if my dog curled a lip at a child i would destroy the dog......scary is not knowing,who, and when...and a dog taunted buy kids is the owners fault, mine are NEVER left alone with kids and a good dog well trained will show restaint...somewhere down the line a human failed a dog that has bitten...
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3