Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2009, 08:37 PM
{{{Hugs}}} Sorry it had to come to this.....Stupid Neighbour
3dognight
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-03-2009, 11:46 PM
wow ,rehoming a dog that has bitten children......that irresponcable.....no sympathy here im afraid.....only for your children.......how could you put the public at risk?i know how you feel,but the dog has bitten kids, thats a whole different story...respectfully
sarah j
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-03-2009, 12:08 AM
Originally Posted by 3dognight View Post
wow ,rehoming a dog that has bitten children......that irresponcable.....no sympathy here im afraid.....only for your children.......how could you put the public at risk?i know how you feel,but the dog has bitten kids, thats a whole different story...respectfully
well excuse me, for being honest, a Puli is a herding dog, and nips to keep the herd in line. Dylan has gone back to the breeder who came to see him a couple of weeks ago, just to see what she is getting into, and she just felt it was the wrong situation for him. She did phone this evening and Dylan has settled very well already. Thanks you have put me off posting, but thank to all the other people who were so nice.
Sarah
3dognight
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-03-2009, 12:33 AM
does your breeder know the dog bit your kids ,and i know the breed ,any dog that bits childern no matter what type,should be culled,like i said you passed off a dog that bit kids,sorry for being honest...........will your breeder tell that to the next family,that the dog bit or will they cull it, i work with dogs that have bitten, but if its a child, i destroy the dog , puplic saftey and its the law.......can you sleep thinking it might happen agian with an other child,... dont stop posting because of my opinion, just ignore me, there is a button for that,respectfully ...phil
shyart
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-03-2009, 09:05 AM
im inclined to agree with phil a little on the biting of kids,but i think a dog should be properly assesesd b4 culling,sometimes dogs just dont do well with kids and there is a difference between a bite and a nip.Hopefully the breeder whom the dog has gone back to will have been informed of these issues and responsibly look into it with the dog and prospective new owners HOPEFULLY not a child home and if around kids should be muzzled untill the dog is trusted.It may be that the dog is stressed a little what with the stress you have had with the neighbours and picking up on vibrations.Sadly if the dog is genuinly aggressive where children are concerned then i agree it should be culled.
Im glad you have made the right decision it must have been a hard one.
niki
xxx
3dognight
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-03-2009, 12:57 PM
i agree with you on assesment,bottom line ,how can you insure the public...thats the question,a dog that bits ,nipps kids, are praying on the weak,
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2009, 01:10 PM
Sorry have to disagree with you and say i think you are being very insensertive to the OP!!!!

A dog bites for a number of reasons and not every dog will bite again . . .It also depends on the servarity(sp?) of the bite.
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2009, 01:14 PM
so sorry to hear about your dog. Im sure your doing the right thing for you and your family, and the dog for that matter. Hope he goes to a lovely home and hope you keep in touch with the people.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2009, 01:20 PM
Unless I'm getting this thread wrong, the OP has returned the pup to the Breeder, after the Breeder coming to her home to assess the dog. I don't think she can have been more responsible than that.

As for culling the dog that has bitten a child - Goodness Me - that's harsh. If a dog that has mauled a child, has severely injured a child, yes, no questions asked but, from what the OP says the dog "nipped" the child. End a life for that - NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

If the Breeder was irresponsible, she wouldn't have taken the dog back, so I can't see her re-homing the dog in a home with children or not being honest with the new owners.

You can't just have blanket rules. Dog bites - put to sleep! There are different sets of circumstances for every dog that bites. All of the factors have to be taken into account before coming to a decision on the future of the dog.

I happen to think life is too precious to let it go without a fight. You just have to be very careful about the dog's future to make sure that the same set of circumstances to not arise again - imo
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >