Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2011, 03:13 PM
Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
Now come on Dawn, be honest. You have a Border Terrier fighting ring going on there havent you?

Anyway, im off out!
Well Im not sure how you found that out, Ive been keeping a darn good secret.............................I thought!
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2011, 03:34 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
Because of this

"When i showed & my dogs were entire i had two males who fought. They would put each other "down" on their backs but thats as far as it went. It was always the same one that started it."

Inference being that the dogs were entire because they have to be to be shown---so the showing was more important than peace in the group.

rune
For flips sake i go away to make lunch for myself & my invalid mother, feed the stray cats & come back to find that something i have typed has been taken totally out of context.

This is precisely WHY i didnt post in the original thread!

It is absolute nonsense to insinuate that showing was more important to me than peace in the household.

The dog in question who was aggressive i bought in at just over a year old as his breeder was selling him but only to someone she knew. We already had his litter brother. He did the same at tbe breeders as he did in our house.*
We didnt know he had that perculair habit until he was home & living in the house! Interestingly enough it was only his brother he would challange

This nit picking in threads when someone makes an innocent remark is unbelievable

Forums are meant to be where people can express their opinions not be put down for them! If we cant agree & there is no law that says we should, then we should have enough respect for each other to be able to disagree!

If a neighbours dog killed one of our cats i would be absolutely furious. I would report that dog to the dog warden as being dangerously out of control - there, that will give you something to take out of context as well!!
Sosha
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-01-2011, 04:05 PM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
If a neighbours dog killed one of our cats i would be absolutely furious. I would report that dog to the dog warden as being dangerously out of control - there, that will give you something to take out of context as well!!
I'm not sure.

If the neighbours dog broke into my garden and killed my cat I would be furious. If My cat jumped into the neighbours garden and was killed by their dog - or even came across an unfriendly dog out and about I'd be upset. Just as I'd be upset if it had been taken by a fox, hit by a car, stuck somewhere it couldn't get out of, etc. To me that's nature. the risks of the freedom we allow cats in this country. As well to report a dangerously out of control cat for reducing the bird population.

Sorry if I've quoted you out of context & no offence intended.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2011, 04:12 PM
Originally Posted by Sosha View Post
I'm not sure.

If the neighbours dog broke into my garden and killed my cat I would be furious. If My cat jumped into the neighbours garden and was killed by their dog - or even came across an unfriendly dog out and about I'd be upset. Just as I'd be upset if it had been taken by a fox, hit by a car, stuck somewhere it couldn't get out of, etc. To me that's nature. the risks of the freedom we allow cats in this country. As well to report a dangerously out of control cat for reducing the bird population.

Sorry if I've quoted you out of context & no offence intended.
Do you have a cat?
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2011, 04:28 PM
Totally agree---if the cat is in the dogs garden then it is really just very unfortunate. It is also the reason I would NEVER encourage my dogs to kill anything.

If the dogs were in the garden of the cat I would be livid if I was the cats owner.

rune
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2011, 04:29 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
No you are wrong again, I said mine have never killed another dog, you need to pay closer attention. I also said they know what is "theirs" they do, perhaps they are just smart dogs 'eh!
Nope---you said they knew their own cats as well.

rune
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2011, 04:31 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Oh dear! Dogs dont have to be entire to be shown! That wasnt meant at all you just dont understand.
Perhaps you could explain what was meant by

"When i showed & my dogs were entire i had two males who fought. They would put each other "down" on their backs but thats as far as it went. It was always the same one that started it."

please.

rune
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2011, 04:32 PM
Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
Hers are working terriers sweetie, they have a job to do, and that is hunting

I have gundogs, whilst mine dont work I have bred pups that are worked. Mine are purely trained to pick up and retrieve dead animals that have been shot, but dogs are bred and trained for all different purposes.

Forgive me for being blunt, but you dont seem to understand what on earth you're talking about You seem very contradictory and im having trouble working out exactly what points you're trying to make
You'll just have to try harder then. I forgive you

rune
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2011, 04:39 PM
Totally agree---if the cat is in the dogs garden then it is really just very unfortunate. It is also the reason I would NEVER encourage my dogs to kill anything.

If the dogs were in the garden of the cat I would be livid if I was the cats owner.

rune
"Unfortunate" the cat minding its own business crossing a garden is viciously mauled & killed by an out of control dog.

Do you have a cat?
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2011, 04:42 PM
Perhaps you could explain what was meant by

please.

rune
Why should Dawn have to explain something i typed, ive already did that in another thread... If you want answers to my posts, ask me, not others!
Page 15 of 56 « First < 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 25 > Last »