Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2006, 03:49 PM

laminate floors ?

ok well spring is coming time for ME lol and i mean ME to do some decorating the boys rooms need a refresh and i thought about taking the carpets up and laying laminate flooring .......prob harder than it looks i will soon find out but whats the best type to buy ??
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2006, 04:00 PM
Can't remember if Abi had laminate in her room when you came, but hers wasn't very expensive at all, I think it was £9.99 a box at B&Q, to be honest for the bedroom you're not going to need a heavy duty type.........unless your boys have lots of 'traffic' in their bedrooms.....lol.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2006, 04:04 PM
it will be mostly coverd with the bed and furniture and not much traffic goes through

might give it a go but have a carpet fitter on hand just incase
minda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-03-2006, 04:23 PM
I'd think twice before getting laminate. I've got it in my kitchen and i wish I didn't. Apart from the fact it's really hard for dogs to walk on it's very noisy and doesn't look anywhere near as good as real wood. Also if you need to get under the floors for any reason (pipes, electrics etc.) it makes it impossible because you can't just take up a bit and put it back.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2006, 04:29 PM
actually have decided my kids are ungreatful and i'm gona spend the dosh on ME ...

fresh lick of emulsion at the most
Ella's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2006, 07:04 PM
i had it and it looked great , until the dust omg it get everywhere im going back to carpet it drives me mad
Katrina342
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-03-2006, 12:37 AM
I had all the downstairs laminated however the one I wanted for the dining room is 'bathroom' laminate flooring, which gives a bit more protection against water. i've found its been the best choice esp with Daisy and poppy's little accidents (bless, they can't usually wait until the morning now cos they are on diuretics). it's wearing quite well considering...
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2006, 01:27 PM
We were thinking of getting this at somepoint to for the Kitchen and back room as it will be more hygenic as it will be easier to clean properly than carpet when the dogs have accidents and trall mud in, plus the dogs have eaten half the carpet so it will stop carpet eating.
Anne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-03-2006, 01:40 PM
Laying the Laminate Flooring is not hard. Once my OH got started and got the knack of what was needed, he did it quite quickly. He said he quite enjoyed doing it. We only have it in the Bathroom and the Toilet but it is really nice!!! Oh I forgot! We have the tiled ones in the kitchen, dark grey they are great. I forgot they were not tiles, but the laminate stuff (just shows how good it can be)
AnneXX
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2006, 02:04 PM
We have half laminate and half carpet in the living room, and because i liked it so much i've just had all my bedroom done in laminate It's easy to keep clean, i paid £10.01 a box (12 in a pack) from wickes, it's lovely
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >