Female 

25-07-2007, 11:53 AM
ooo lol!!!

bet she wasnt happy!!!
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2007, 11:55 AM
good luck for when you start,it is addictive,and the ringcraft classes are fun,and you get to meet new people xx
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-07-2007, 12:02 PM
Originally Posted by knottybabe View Post
ooo lol!!!

bet she wasnt happy!!!
That all depends if she beat her breeder with one of the dogs that she bought off the breeder if that was the case then the breeder won as well and her Affix is printed so everyone knows who bred the wining dog.
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-07-2007, 12:17 PM
If you're considering showing, it's a good day out for you and your dog.

However, remember to put ear plugs in your ears, that way, you won't hear all the catty remarks at the ringside about other folks dogs, and your own.
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

25-07-2007, 02:09 PM
Hi Knottybabe Can't add anything except tto say enjoy it, and remember win or lose you still take the best dog home
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2007, 09:19 PM
thanks!!!

i looked into the ringcraft classes they look really good!!

have decided to prob not show the GSD, But when i get a Akita (GOD IM SO EXCITED!) i want to show that dog, but im still reading about it now!

yippee!
Clipper
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-07-2007, 06:17 AM
Hi Knotty and welcome to the show scene. LOL As most others have said, it's an addictive hobby and one where some with help and others will hinder but it is a great day out.
My piece of advice is to join a breed club. If you look on the KC website, go to the section on breed standards, find your breed and scroll down to the bottom of that page, it will show you the contact details for most of the breed clubs.
I found joining mine invaluable. They have training nights and their ringcraft is designed for my own breed. You will find experienced shower there and some will be good enough to act as a show buddy for you and help you.
On the down side, you need to grow a thick skin, especially if you have a good dog, some can feel threatened if your dog looks better than theirs and they can try putting you off. Luckily these people tend to be in the minority. So take all advice with a smile and then check on it twice.
I wish you all the luck in the world and welcome to being permanently skint. LOL
Clipper
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2007, 08:19 AM
Originally Posted by BORDER1 View Post
i have one piece of advice dont beat your breeder in the ring megan57collies will know what am talking about (haha)
Yes if you check the records I never have. It's called respect LOL

Seriously though having a breeder active in the ring is always very useful as they are then at the same shows as you or some of them, so can give you feedback and constructive advice.
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2007, 08:22 AM
Originally Posted by knottybabe View Post
thanks!!!

i looked into the ringcraft classes they look really good!!

have decided to prob not show the GSD, But when i get a Akita (GOD IM SO EXCITED!) i want to show that dog, but im still reading about it now!

yippee!
Can I suggest you PM RIO on here. She has Akitas, been in the breed for years and actively shows them so knows all of the kennels out there. Would be able to give you very sound advice on the best place to get a pup and the aspects of showing an Akita if this breed is for you.
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2007, 01:09 PM
hiya thanks i will do!!! were not getting one for at least another 1/2 years so i may give it a while!!

lol need to concentrate on the first dog first!!

oh thanks alot! ill visit the kennel club site now and have a look!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >