Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2011, 12:38 PM
Originally Posted by Galanthophile View Post
You seem to be getting a lot of response to your question. May I just add DO PLEASE BE VERY SURE ABOUT YOUR KENNELS.

Many years ago we boarded a young golden retriever on the recommendation of a close friend. It was agreed that he would also receive some training whilst there (we were a little naive re training at that time, obviously this should be done with the owner)

When my husband went to collect Amicus the owner told him we would never do any good with him - he was a brute. Amicus could not get into the car quickly enough and for some long time was quite disturbed if he so much as saw anyone with a tennis racquet.

Many years later Amicus had to undergo a laparotomy when it was found that his abdominal organs had suffered extensive damage! At first the vet assumed we were responsible but it did not take long to realise where this happened. Amicus had never sustained any injury with us. When a daughter went to nurse at the Radcliffe in Oxford a fellow student who lived in the village where Amicus was boarded told our daughter that this lady was well known for her cruelty to dogs in her charge!!!! EVERYONE DO BEWARE. Hopefully this is very rare..... We have never sent one of our dogs to kennels again.
Wow what a massive accusation. How did you address this terrible cruel person? Was there an investigation? Are you actually claiming that "many years" before, including the fact you have absolutely NO evidence at all that the kennels harmed your dog at all, that to such an extent that it was recognised all these years later yet not one hint of it at the time, nor for years subsequently?

Whats the name of these terrible kennels and this really cruel person, I mean you wouldnt want any one elses dog to come to harm would you?
Galanthophile
New Member!
Female 

15-06-2011, 03:46 PM
Yes I well understand your scepticism. Following the findings at laparotomy we too wondered why Amicus has not shown more symptoms. A vet in the practice assured us that this could have happened as the dog was away for three or four weeks. In fact as time went on Amicus did in fact have digestive problems and was frequently under the care of a the vet. Until the laparotomy it was a bit of a mystery. He was always on a very restricted diet. Miraculouly I am happy to say that our lovely goldie lived to the age of fifteen but I could never get over what a terrible time he had endured and still have regrets.

We did not do anything at the time as we had no idea what had happened other than Amicus was nervous and agressive which was not apparent beforehand. By the time the injury was discovered too much time had gone by, we could not prove anything and had moved miles away. We just hoped that the local people had taken action at the time.

The friend who recommended the kennels had boarded her small dog there once or twice. We did not say anything to her but the following year to Amicus's stay there whilst Brandy was in the kennels the owners were told that he had died. No explanation.

Hope this goes some way to assure you that this accusation was not plucked from thin air.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2011, 06:42 PM
WOW!! again! Thats two dogs mysteriously becoming ill/died and STILL nothing done! Who are these kennels?
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2011, 06:47 PM
Yes should they not be the subject of a News of the World expose?
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2011, 07:42 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Yes should they not be the subject of a News of the World expose?
Well I mean, we now have a dog that died without explanation too!! Im totally amazed that the owners didnt follow up!
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3