Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2010, 05:21 PM

Luke has had

A really lovely letter from work,thanking him for his hard work etc,the general manager himself has thanked him for his contribution,commitment and hard work,at the bottom it says I look forward in working with you into our future.

How nice is that!!!!
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2010, 05:23 PM
You must be so proud and rightly so, well done to Luke and here's hoping that that well deserved praise stands you in good stead for the future.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

27-09-2010, 09:28 PM
Does that mean that his 'trial period' is over and he's now 'on the staff headcount' as a PAYE employee

I must say that it's not often you get a letter like that so Luke must have done some good work there, I'm really plesed for him and you.

I think we all know what is comming in the next few years regarding jobs so well done Luke, keep it up.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2010, 06:36 PM
Well done Luke! It's great when you get recognition like that. Shows he has really worked his butt off, well done.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2010, 03:09 PM
Thanks all,

Locos,yes he has done his 4 weeks trial and he has his uniform coming next week
I'm really proud of him.
He did a paper round,he took Lizzie's old round(she got offered a different one)and we saw the manager the other night,she couldn't praise him enough,always on time etc etc... and said if he ever needed a reference she wouldn't hestitate in giving him one.
He had to give that up because he now works some sundays and can't do his papers and be in work by 7am.

He has come such a long way and achieved alot over the last few years,left school with some GCSE's,did a two year college course and got through that with passes,and now has a job.
Not bad for a young lad with learning difficulties and severe dyslexic tendancies...
He is determined though, and he won't let it beat him.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2010, 03:40 PM
Well done Luke that is a fitting testiment to all your hard work, I'm pleased that they have recognised it in this way.
Brilliant
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

02-10-2010, 06:41 PM
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
He had to give that up because he now works some sundays and can't do his papers and be in work by 7am.
Flippin heck Sal, I've been known to pour scorn on the youth of today but even I can see that you can't be doing a paper round AND get to work for 7am.

I really do hope that this job works out for him, and it just goes to show that a determined hard working lad (even with his learning difficulties and dyslexia) can make it in the world of work.

Good luck Luke, perhaps I might call into your place one day