Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2009, 06:46 PM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
Tried for it. He was having none of itOH has a letter to do yet though and he's renowned for his complaint letters LOL
Can he stick one in his pending tray for me then Jackie, addressed to Littlewoods!!!! xxxxx
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2009, 06:49 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Can he stick one in his pending tray for me then Jackie, addressed to Littlewoods!!!! xxxxx
Anytime Aitch xxxxx
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

24-05-2009, 08:30 PM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
OH has a letter to do yet though and he's renowned for his complaint letters LOL
Well done Jackie, go for the very top guy with a few copies to various others, all the names are on their website. As you rightly said it looks like no one was responsible for sorting this problem so it just got passed around like a hot potatoe

And do let us know if you ever get a reply, would be most interesting to see what they say. As a Brit I'm sorry to say that we are a long way behind Canada and America when it comes to customer service
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2009, 09:36 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Well done Jackie, go for the very top guy with a few copies to various others, all the names are on their website. As you rightly said it looks like no one was responsible for sorting this problem so it just got passed around like a hot potatoe

And do let us know if you ever get a reply, would be most interesting to see what they say. As a Brit I'm sorry to say that we are a long way behind Canada and America when it comes to customer service
Will do Harvey. Already have the CEO's name ready. I will certainly let you know if we get a reply and you're right about the customer service...unfortunately!
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2009, 05:16 AM
Crikey Jackie - what a palaver!
I think I'd prefer the shopping and taxi idea, at least you won't get aggravated by it and you'd get what you wanted - when you wanted it!
Will be interesting to see if the CEO answers you.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2009, 06:45 AM
Originally Posted by MissE View Post
Crikey Jackie - what a palaver!
I think I'd prefer the shopping and taxi idea, at least you won't get aggravated by it and you'd get what you wanted - when you wanted it!
Will be interesting to see if the CEO answers you.
I know Pat. It was a complete nightmare. I wouldn't care, I don't do the online shopping all the time, just when I don't want to go myself to do the big shop...like Bank Holiday Weekend
You're right though, will be interesting to see if he answers
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

25-05-2009, 09:21 PM
Jackie - Bearing in mind the problems you've been having with Tesco I thought you might be interested in this story:-

Tired of constantly being broke & stuck in an unhappy marriage, a young husband decided to solve both problems by taking out a large insurance policy on his wife with himself as the beneficiary, and then arranging to have her killed.

A 'friend of a friend' put him in touch with a nefarious dark-side underworld figure who went by the name of 'Artie.'

Artie then explained to the husband that his going price for snuffing out a spouse was £5,000..

The husband said he was willing to pay that amount, but that he wouldn't have any cash on hand until he could collect his wife's insurance money.

Artie insisted on being paid at least something up front, so the man opened his wallet, displaying the single £1 Coin that rested inside. Artie sighed, rolled his eyes, & reluctantly agreed to accept the £1 as down payment for the dirty deed.

A few days later, Artie followed the man's wife to the local Tesco Super Store. There, he surprised her in the produce department & proceeded to strangle her with his gloved hands & as the poor unsuspecting woman drew her last breath & slumped to the floor........

The manager of the produce department stumbled unexpectedly onto the murder scene. Unwilling to leave any living witnesses behind, ol' Artie had no choice but to strangle the produce manager as well.

However, unknown to Artie, the entire proceedings were captured by the hidden security cameras & observed by the store's security guard, who immediately called the police. Artie was caught & arrested before he could even leave the store.

Under intense questioning at the police station, Artie revealed the whole sordid plan, including his unusual financial arrangements with the hapless husband who was also quickly arrested.

The next day in the newspaper, the headline declared ..

(You're going to hate me for this .... )

'ARTIE CHOKES 2 for £1.00 AT TESCO!'

Oh well, sweet dreams !!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2009, 09:23 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Jackie - Bearing in mind the problems you've been having with Tesco I thought you might be interested in this story:-

Tired of constantly being broke & stuck in an unhappy marriage, a young husband decided to solve both problems by taking out a large insurance policy on his wife with himself as the beneficiary, and then arranging to have her killed.

A 'friend of a friend' put him in touch with a nefarious dark-side underworld figure who went by the name of 'Artie.'

Artie then explained to the husband that his going price for snuffing out a spouse was £5,000..

The husband said he was willing to pay that amount, but that he wouldn't have any cash on hand until he could collect his wife's insurance money.

Artie insisted on being paid at least something up front, so the man opened his wallet, displaying the single £1 Coin that rested inside. Artie sighed, rolled his eyes, & reluctantly agreed to accept the £1 as down payment for the dirty deed.

A few days later, Artie followed the man's wife to the local Tesco Super Store. There, he surprised her in the produce department & proceeded to strangle her with his gloved hands & as the poor unsuspecting woman drew her last breath & slumped to the floor........

The manager of the produce department stumbled unexpectedly onto the murder scene. Unwilling to leave any living witnesses behind, ol' Artie had no choice but to strangle the produce manager as well.

However, unknown to Artie, the entire proceedings were captured by the hidden security cameras & observed by the store's security guard, who immediately called the police. Artie was caught & arrested before he could even leave the store.

Under intense questioning at the police station, Artie revealed the whole sordid plan, including his unusual financial arrangements with the hapless husband who was also quickly arrested.

The next day in the newspaper, the headline declared ..

(You're going to hate me for this .... )

'ARTIE CHOKES 2 for £1.00 AT TESCO!'

Oh well, sweet dreams !!
LOL, what are you like Harvey?
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2009, 09:24 PM
Just thought I'd update. Got an email from Tesco the other day and they've credited my account with about half the value of the order (£44). They didn't bother to tell me they were doing it though and although I'm very grateful, they're still ineffcient!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

31-05-2009, 08:15 AM
They are hoping this will stop you taking the matter higher up Personally I would still write those letters, nothing will change unless the top management know about the problems and there's only two ways that can happen, either (a) the customers tell them or (b) the staff do.

In Britain not many people are willing to take the time to do (a) and in this case (b) seems unlikely too

ETA:-
Just had a thought, you could try to find 'Artie' and get him to have a word with the store management

OK I'm outa here
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >