Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2008, 11:28 AM

Help needed to rehome degus

I have been asked by a rescue down south if I can find a rescue in Scotland that would be willing to help rehome over 150 degus. Individual homes would be welcome too

A cage with 42 was dumped and as they were mixed sexes they have tripled in numbers. They are now split by sex and a few homes have been found but a lot more are needed
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2008, 11:40 AM
'scuse my ignorance, but what are these??? It all sounds pretty awful for them whatever they are, and I hope they get to find their forever homes.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2008, 02:41 PM
they look like fab wee animals, sadly i dont think Bruno could be trusted not to try to free them from the cage, so I couldnt take on any.

good luck.
dani
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2008, 02:44 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
'scuse my ignorance, but what are these??? It all sounds pretty awful for them whatever they are, and I hope they get to find their forever homes.
No 'scuse mine in not posting a link

http://myhomezone.co.uk/degus/
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2008, 02:48 PM
little furry things they are H
Muddiwarx
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2008, 04:23 PM
Oh everyone should have degus .......... we have 4 - just took on a new guy from RSPCA - he is fab but it is taking a while to integrate him with the others .....

Please PM me details so I can work on convincing people to get some
amethystbelle
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-09-2008, 02:12 PM
I run a website and degu forum if you need any help or want to pass on some details send me a pm
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

20-09-2008, 08:28 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
they look like fab wee animals, sadly i dont think Bruno could be trusted not to try to free them from the cage, so I couldnt take on any. i
mine freed themselves from their cage tonight... they outsmart me on a regular basis

i dunno if i'm the right area down south but if you like pm me the details and i'll put up some posters at college and ask if we can maybe take some more on at the animal unit, maybe perhaps persuade my parents that theres room for a couple more in deguopolis..
Doggydina
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-09-2008, 02:47 PM
Originally Posted by cava14una View Post
I have been asked by a rescue down south if I can find a rescue in Scotland that would be willing to help rehome over 150 degus. Individual homes would be welcome too

A cage with 42 was dumped and as they were mixed sexes they have tripled in numbers. They are now split by sex and a few homes have been found but a lot more are needed
Have you had any luck re-homing them? I have been interested in them for a while, would just need to convince OH...

Lisa x
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2008, 09:55 PM
Hi
Last I heard 80 have been rehomed so plenty more needing homes. Will pm you a contact email