View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
gordon lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2005, 02:42 PM
Labs are ALWAYS freestood in Europe. And always to the side, and with the dog standing "square" , with his legs neither under him or stretched out. Hard to explain.

The gaiting will be at a brisk trot (for the dog), that means you running.

The only way I can really tell you how to do something is go to a few shows. I think I have the FCI show list for 2005 somewhere.

I have some good pics, but I'll have to post them later as photobucket is acting up for me.
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2005, 05:33 PM
Thanks all for your suplies

Your best plan may be to try and get to a couple of shows on your own and just stand and watch what happens in the ring when Labs are being shown and talk to a few people, with luck someone will take you under their wing, if you understand that saying.
I know what you mean, and will, if/when times comes, sign up for a class and contact people "in the show-business"

I just thought many of you guys here maybe were new at this or could explain some of it to the ones that havenīt tried it.
For me it is much more fun and interesseting to hear from you than from "a teacher". And the stress, small tips and YOUR experiences canīt be tought in a class I think

The pics shown are great and gives me a sense of the way you present your dog (Thanks Mitch ).

I could imagine I would be scared as ... if/when I stood there for the first time. New and insecure

But Iīll keep reding your posts and maybe I can ask if theres something I donīt understand?
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2005, 05:39 PM
maybe I can ask if theres something I donīt understand
of course you can
gordon lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2005, 02:14 PM
Ok, got the Lab freestanding pics

[img][680:533]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/gordonandvall/newpics/maddie13monthsoldMedium.jpg[/img]

This is a different way of freestanding. With the dog at the end of the lead and you behind him. Often done with Rotties in Greece, and very often done while there is double handling going on I'm not saying double handling is bad! But it's not allowed!!!!!!! And its terribly distracting to your dog!!

These 2 are also a different style of freestanding with the dog standing parallel to the handler.

hope they helped
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2005, 05:13 PM
It helped a lot Kate

Thank you soooo much :smt023

Great pics. Gives you an idea of how the shows going on.
And you have found some beautiful labs too (how can you not )

Youīre the best kate
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2005, 05:41 PM
But no choccies

Well AM I've been to 2 shows, one held by DRK and one by DKK.

And you have to run a bit (lunte), and the dog is standing free as said above. In a loose lead.

And u are allowed to have treats to give and then you just have to have her full attention while the judge walks around the dogs and sort the ones she/he dont want to see agan...

I loved being there. But I honestly dont think Luna would stand a chance....
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2