Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mad_Marley
Dogsey Junior
Male 

04-04-2013, 07:32 PM

Can food cause my dog to overheat?

Hi, I've recently changed marley from junior to adult food but over the last few weeks I've noticed that he's getting very hot while out training or playing with the ball. To the point where he's having to lay down in the grass. It hasn't exactly been warm lately so I'm worried how he's going to cope in the summer.

I feed him chudleys original. After reading some poor reviews about chudleys im going to have to change his food anyway.

So I'm just wondering if it could be his food causing him to get so walm so quickly? And if anyone has any ideas what I could change him to? He is a very active spaniel that will be doing some work.

Thanks Jon
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2013, 08:00 PM
Hi Jon,
I have no idea if food can cause a dog to overheat, but to be on the safe side I'd get him checked out at the vet because as you say it's not exactly hot weather.
Good luck
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2013, 09:21 PM
Hello there, and I too am not certain that food in itself can cause overheating in dogs.

Is he panting excessively after exercise? I agree with Jenny that perhaps the best course of action would be a consultation with the vet.

Good luck.