Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malpeki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-04-2013, 05:55 PM
Hi crystalgirl, thanks for the hint

Originally Posted by crystalgirl View Post
Hi I have something that is inoffensive fits in the hand and unknots it is white plastic,have had it years on itis a faint label that I think says Matta,saw it being demonstrated at Crufts,it doesnt look like a brush,so the dog sits there,you find a tangle you insert tthe Matta job done no fuss,then brush afterwards, even the tummy crystalgirl
Originally Posted by Chunky View Post
That is totally unsuitable for a Bichon coat, it will not 'brush' it and get rid of any tangles and will in fact encourage matting
and here I've totally to agree with you, just checked that Kong stuff, absolutely rubbish for such kind of coat
Dobionekenobi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-04-2013, 08:46 AM
Originally Posted by Malpeki View Post

and here I've totally to agree with you, just checked that Kong stuff, absolutely rubbish for such kind of coat
Originally Posted by Chunky View Post
That is totally unsuitable for a Bichon coat, it will not 'brush' it and get rid of any tangles and will in fact encourage matting
Well apologies, but it works a dream on full coated Sealyhams and Beardies for me and certainly doesn't encourage matting
Dobionekenobi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-04-2013, 08:52 AM
LOL posted before i finished replying. The Kong brush won't get out seriously embedded tangles and knots like a comb will but it's certainly the "softest" brush i have found ie the dogs actually find it a pleasant experience and it's obvious that they enjoy the way it feels against their skin too. I just thought it would be a very good starting point for a dog who dislikes grooming. We're also using it at the moment very successfully on my mother in law's rescue Poodle who had never been groomed in her life.
Malpeki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-04-2013, 11:11 PM
Originally Posted by Dobionekenobi View Post
Well apologies, but it works a dream on full coated Sealyhams and Beardies for me and certainly doesn't encourage matting
there is nothing where you have to apologise for

just fine, if it's working for you
but I looked at, found something about at youtube and realized, it never would do its job at my dog's coat
and I just can imagine, that this kong thing wouldn't be working at a Bichon fur either
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2013, 07:44 AM
Originally Posted by Malpeki View Post
there is nothing where you have to apologise for

just fine, if it's working for you
but I looked at, found something about at youtube and realized, it never would do its job at my dog's coat
and I just can imagine, that this kong thing wouldn't be working at a Bichon fur either
Hi did you get my link to Mikki grooming tool,I added it after my earlier reply crystalgirl
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2