View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Timber-
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-03-2013, 10:25 PM
Hopefully once the husband sees the dog is okay, he'll come around again.
Balas mum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-03-2013, 10:29 PM
Maybe and i hope so but i dont think he will.Its a real shame.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-03-2013, 10:41 PM
ooooops just posted the link to the thread ON the thread many apologies for the confusion

Boneless raw,possible or not possible?????
Balas mum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-03-2013, 10:43 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
ooooops just posted the link to the thread ON the thread many apologies for the confusion

Boneless raw,possible or not possible?????
Thankyou for doing that for me.How do you do it?is it as simple as copy and paste?
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2013, 10:56 PM
Hi What about a salt solution that should make him sick,if its the other end a tsp of castor oil,butyou may be lucky and it could pass through let us know crystalgirl
Balas mum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-03-2013, 11:00 PM
Thanks Crystal girl.I suggested the salt solution to her but she was scared the bone would get stuck while he was trying vomit it up.Her vet also said to just wait and see what happens.She has decided to leave it be but give him cider vinagar to help it break down.I will let you all know how the dog is tomorrow when she contacts me again.thanks to everyone for your help this evening.Its much appreciated.
Timber-
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-03-2013, 11:01 PM
I'd be afraid of the bone causing damage if it comes back up.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-03-2013, 11:03 PM
yeah, its easier to let Nature take its course now
Balas Mum - yes you just copy/paste
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2013, 08:48 AM
Hi Balas Mom,I read this story in a dog mag,a young woman was due to get married in five days,so she decided to do an intensive hand treatment,so she took her engagement ring off,went to sleep,in the morning she was woken by her rottie as usual,so she got up to let him out,started to make the coffee,realised she hadnt got the ring on,ran upstairs no ring,stripped the bed,moved the bed biut no sign,then it dawned on her the rottie was like a walking dustbin,she was really frantic as the diamond wasnt flat,so she rushed the rottie to the vet,they had X-rays done,and there was her ring,the vet told her to wait for nature,but if the dog suddenly got sick to bring him back.So that meant she had to go everywhere with him to retrieve the ring,3 days lapsed,she had gone through more poo and was giving up the will to live,she still hadnt told her fiance,so then decided to look in costume jewellery to find a ring which was similar,on the 4th day still no sign,she gave him loads of offal,but it was coming out like bricks,still on the 4th day late evening,she looked like a miner she had a flashlight on her head,a torch in her hand,gloves galore,several times he went still no sign,then just as she thought she would have to cancel the wedding,he went one last time,and there it was,she tried cleaning it but it didnt look clean,so rushed to the jeweller,before going to the hairdresser.But in cases like this you have to just wait for nature to take its course,and that a dogs system will take about anything,her worry was that when he was younger he had bloat,and she was really worried about something so pointy going through,a weakened gut, but in the end it turned out ok,her ring was all sparkley crystalgirl
Shriley
Dogsey Junior
Female 

31-03-2013, 12:09 PM
Beef vertebrae are the only bones i've ever had issues with, usually from oxtail, and I do not feed it.

My older dog got a whole vertebra lodged across the back of her mouth and absolutely panicked, luckily I was able to get it out, but we both got a terrible scare!

Having said that, my older girl ate many an oxtail before this and was able to digest the bone without problems, although she did tend to get a bit constipated.

Hope all is well with this dog today
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >