View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2011, 12:00 PM
Hope things stay calm for you for a long time Helena, at least until your batteries are fully recharged, you must be running on low right now. **Hugs** to you all.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2011, 06:16 PM
Dave went to work today, wish he hadn't coz he hasn't been well over the week-end, but he said he wouldn't actually do any work, he'd just organise the workforce and sort out the paperwork, and now he's back home in bed with a pounding headache, the same as when all this started

I told him I've been Googling and this could be the result of the lumbar puncture, especially if it goes away on lying down, in which case, he could well need a blood patch done. I'm going to ring the doctors tomorrow and get him seen again coz this isn't right and it certainly isn't Dave, he's not one to complain, let alone not be able to work. He said he would have come home lunchtime if I hadn't got people viewing tonight If only he'd told me that, I would have cancelled them, but they came anyway, spent 3/4 of an hour here, couldn't get rid of them, but the good news is, I feel they are interested, but then again, I've been here before

Just don't know what's going on with him, but whatever it is, it needs sorting by the doc I think, so that's the route I'll be taking tomorrow. Hopefully, he might eat something after he's laid down for a while, but he says he's still not hungry and it's been days now that he's lived on the odd sandwich Not good
linda murray
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-08-2011, 06:23 PM
Hi

I have been reading your threads re Dave and am so sorry you have had to go through all that trauma. Poor Dave and poor you. you must both be exhausted!

Can I make a small suggestion (hope you dont think im being interfering) but if i was you, rather than wait for the doc tomorrow, i would be phoning nhs24 to get some advice from a doctor. It may help.

Thinking of you both.

Linda x
talassie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2011, 06:25 PM
I agree with Linda. He must be in a lot of pain and I think you need to find out why.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2011, 06:26 PM
Oh dear Helen, I had hoped for some good news.
As you say you definitely need to chase things up and get things sorted.
I hope you get some positive news from your viewing but then again do you want all the hassle of moving if Dave isn't 100%.
Oh so much stress for you
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-08-2011, 06:32 PM
I don't know what to say to be honest.

Just that you know we are all here to help you through this and when you need to rant or just chat. Sending GREAT BIG HUGS.

Xx
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2011, 06:34 PM
Really sorry to hear this latest update. Thinking of you both.x
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2011, 07:05 PM
Originally Posted by linda murray View Post
Hi

I have been reading your threads re Dave and am so sorry you have had to go through all that trauma. Poor Dave and poor you. you must both be exhausted!

Can I make a small suggestion (hope you dont think im being interfering) but if i was you, rather than wait for the doc tomorrow, i would be phoning nhs24 to get some advice from a doctor. It may help.

Thinking of you both.

Linda x
Thanks Linda, I think I needed a little push, I will ring them tonight, whilst he's eating his cheese on toast, which is all he fancies. He seems a lot better now he had that lie down, he's had a shower and said it's now "bearable", but I will still ring them anyway, coz after I'm in charge her not him (he told me not to you see!!). Thanks again Linda, much appreciated.

Originally Posted by talassie View Post
I agree with Linda. He must be in a lot of pain and I think you need to find out why.
Yes, I think so too, I'll ring them now.xxx

Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Oh dear Helen, I had hoped for some good news.
As you say you definitely need to chase things up and get things sorted.
I hope you get some positive news from your viewing but then again do you want all the hassle of moving if Dave isn't 100%.Oh so much stress for you
Thanks Jen, but re the sale, I told him I'd just move his bed when I find somewhere I like lol! Have you nursed people who have had this lumbar puncture Jen, is this normal? It seems to be normal on Google and they sometimes need that blood patch?xxxx

Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
I don't know what to say to be honest.

Just that you know we are all here to help you through this and when you need to rant or just chat. Sending GREAT BIG HUGS.

Xx
You don't know what to say Lynn and I don't know just what to do here Thanks for being there for me as always, and everyone else, it's a lot to get through and I'm flagging now! xxx

Originally Posted by majuka View Post
Really sorry to hear this latest update. Thinking of you both.x
Thanks majuka, when will it end?! Never known Dave anything like this over 30 years and it's very worrying as you can imagine.xxx
linda murray
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-08-2011, 07:16 PM
No need for thanks. Just hoping all will be well. Worried about you as well as i understand what you are going through.

Just worried for him from personal experience of my husband never being ill either until 4 months ago when he suddenly didnt feel well and i phoned NHS24 who sent an ambulance. Long story short, hubby (41) had triple heart bypass 3 months ago. Good news though was he started back at work today and all is well.

Never ever think you are being a nuisance or whatever by asking for help from the professionals - that is what they are there for.

Big Hugz. Linda x
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2011, 07:30 PM
Well, you certainly know what I'm going through here by the sounds of it Linda, I'm just glad you got him sorted by listening to your gut instinct, you could have lost him... All the best to him, I've been there with heart problems myself but thankfully I had angioplasty 15 years ago, and I'm still going strong, borrowed time yes, but I wouldn't be here without them doing what they did! Some might say that's not such a good thing though! That's why I don't need stress, but I seem to thrive on it for some strange reason! Thanks again.xxx

Right, I've rung the NHS direct peops, got him to speak to the lady, and now she's arranged for a nurse to ring us back to speak to me and him again, so they obviously don't like these symptoms do they!

He said his teeth hurt as well? He has perfect teeth, never had a problem with those (unlike me!), but he said they all hurt as well as the back of his head, but he has eaten something now which is good.

I'll let you know what the nurse decides then.....looks like we could be back in hospital again later, I'm prepared for that, dogs are fed and sorted, and I'm going in me jim jams lol!
Page 13 of 14 « First < 3 10 11 12 13 14 >