Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2011, 04:27 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Well I am glad to hear everything seems to of setteld down for you. Oh dear about the water and trousers.

I hope Dave perks up during the day and there ar eno more traumas awaitng you.

Enjoy that rest.

X
Thanks Lynn, after the shock of the ice cold water, I had to laugh (to myself!) Note to self, always buy proper bottles of water with the little tubey bit at the top that open easily, for drinking whilst driving xxx

Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Not that I am nagging you or anything Helen, but have you eaten properly today?

Hmmmmm?
Oh yes grandma, I got my priorities right on the way home I made a long detour, down to the seafront, and got myself some fish and chips (mmmmm haven't had them for years!) 1) because I was starving hungry and couldn't have waited to cook anything and 2) because Dave is a man and all men like food like this, so I thought I could tempt him with sausages and chips, but sadly, he just wanted a small portion of chips (soooooo unlike him!) I made up for it though and ordered 2 large portions lol! So now I've eaten and drank, and now I'm on the coke (the canned variety of course!!) Thanks Malka.xxx

Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
I bet she has, she said she eats like a horse when she is stressed.

So H was that episodes 4 and 5, Georgies diarrhoea and you wetting your pants?!

I hope Dave feels like eating soon. I'm sure he will. Maybe it's a combination of his bad head and this awful muggy weather. It doesn't stop me eating but I know it does some people!
Hugs, hope things calm down soon xx
That's affirmative Jen, done the food bit. Can't remember what episode we're on now, but hopefully this could be the "End" huh?!!!

Came downstairs after nanny nap only to find Dave back in bed I asked him if we've got problems, but he said not, he just wanted a lie down in a quiet room, whereas me, I'm ready for that padded one!!!

So, to finalise, Dave is stable and being monitored, Georgie is stable and being monitored also, I've recharged batteries and am now doing heaps of washing from the van whilst Zena is trying to drown herself out in that pool, she just came in absolutely soaking wet, so I think I can safely say she's fully back to her normal, manic self, and it was HER who started this awful rollercoaster of events off in the first place wasn't it with her manic activities!! Ooooer, better go and empty that pool methinks, it could all end in disaster!

Meanwhile, no phone calls about that loo, and the manager has got back to me via e-mail that he will sort it out if my guests go into the office, so that's a weight off my mind. Blimey is that it then??? Everything sorted??? Ahhhhhh that's how I like it! Back to normal now then ...... until tomorrow maybe !!!

Thanks for getting me through, I hope none of you ever had a week like I've just had!

I've made some new friends out the back from all of this though after speaking to the neighbour behind me. She has two adorable kids (yeah, some of them can be!) a little boy and a little girl, and now they stand on their front wall, so that they can see me everytime I'm out there hanging out the washing, and they call out to ask me if I'm alright (awwww bless), and then the little girl yelled out as I was coming back in "I love you Helen, I love you lots" Awwwww, how sweet is that, they've only been talking to me for 2 days!!! Hang on a minute, I don't "do" kids!!!!!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2011, 04:49 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post

Awwwww, how sweet is that, they've only been talking to me for 2 days!!! Hang on a minute, I don't "do" kids!!!!!
Some can be quite sweet..... some, not many
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

30-07-2011, 05:17 PM
Hi H, I've been reading all this like some blockbuster novel that you pick up and can't put down, it has all the makings of a screen hit, pathos (you and Dave/Zena/Georgie) drama (van) and comedy (exploding water bottles)

What can I say, just waiting for you to tell us Dave is really OK now and that will be a perfect last chapter (I do like a happy ending in the books I read)
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2011, 05:40 PM
You're a tough cookie Helen for sure, if that was my life I would have thought '****** this' and booked myself on a flight half way across the world for some well needed rest!

I hope that things settle down, Dave and Georgie pick up and no-one falls though your toilet floor!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2011, 05:49 PM
Lol yes H, and we know what the title should be don't we "a week in the life of......." Then there's that other book when mum was here - remember that day I brought her down on the stairlift and the fire extinguisher got stuck behind the chair, she kept her finger on the button instead of doing what I told her and taking it off, it exploded covering us both in foam and she was strapped in at the time, oh what a laugh that one was!!!!

Yes, maybe I should sit down and get it all down on paper, it'll cheer me up when I'm sitting in that chair in the old people's home staring at those 4 walls, mind gone blank, dribbling away lol! No chance of that H, the way I live my life in that fast lane!! Oh lordy, here endeth my sage, it's all over now, honest, there is no more, all is c-a-l-m now....... now where's MY medication!!!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2011, 05:50 PM
Originally Posted by majuka View Post
You're a tough cookie Helen for sure, if that was my life I would have thought '****** this' and booked myself on a flight half way across the world for some well needed rest!

I hope that things settle down, Dave and Georgie pick up and no-one falls though your toilet floor!
Dooooooooon't remind me of that, it could still happen!!!! Until I get that floor fixed remember???!!!!!
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2011, 06:46 PM
Oh mate, what can I say. I've let you down on this one havn't I?

So, so sorry I missed this. but as you know, I've not been on much, so this has come as a complete shock

hugs to Dave....and you

Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

30-07-2011, 09:57 PM
Originally Posted by majuka View Post
and no-one falls though your toilet floor!
Jane, that would take us into the realm of the 'Carry On' films wouldn't it but I don't see Helena as the 'Hattie Jaques' type do you
Gellygoo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2011, 09:47 AM
Oh wow, what a carry on!!!
I'm glad everything seems to be quieting down now H, and well done for pulling them all through. Have a nice relaxing Sunday, if thats possible, and hugs to all.
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2011, 11:43 AM
Helen I am so glad things are calming down (if calm is ever in your world) and hope Dave continues to improve. Sleep is a great healer so I guess he is being sensible there. Hugs to you and the woofers xxxxxx
Page 12 of 14 « First < 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 >