View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2011, 11:24 AM

Plus don't stroke my dog when I'm at the door!

This really irks me, just because I live in the centre of town people think that they can stroke my dogs as I'm opening up the front door to the flat, whats really annoying though is most of them don't even let the dogs know its coming, poor Honey is actually becoming nervous around the front door as so many times hands have come from nowhere to touch her, when I first moved here she was so confident, but because of something happened she then became nervous of men, and now because of strangers doing this and not knowing when a strange hand is gonna suddenly appear she's nervous around the front door, leaving some people to comment on how she looks like she's been beaten .

I must admit I know it doesn't seem like a lot to some people, but imagine if this was your dog, your unlocking your front door, and almost everytime at least one person comes behind you when your not looking,and the dogs are distracted and starts touching them, I don't think I would like it, but people assume that the dogs will, Diesel doesn't mind, he's a tart, but Honey is more like me, when she gets home, but now she's always looking around waiting for the next hand to get there .
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2011, 06:03 PM
Oh dear-could you not walk out first and have your dogs behind you so that you can stop the people stroking your dogs?

Parker is a bit shy of people he doesn't know but Cherry loves a fuss from anyone!
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2011, 06:10 PM
I sympathise. I really like it when people ask permission and when I say yes gently put a hand out. I hate it too when people just force themselves onto dogs.
It's hard to stop it when you don't always get to see it coming, I wish I could think of something helpful to advise you with.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2011, 08:42 AM
Its when I'm heading back in Kerry, so I have the dogs and am fiddling about with my keys when people decide to come behind all of us and start stroking them, its becoming such a pain. Thats ok Insomia, I needed a bit of a rant really, I don't really think that there is anyway of stopping it, apart from maybe writing I bite or something on her jacket lol.