View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2011, 08:29 PM

Not what you expect to see on a beach?!!

We went to Happisburgh in Norfolk today (pronounced Hayesborough) and had a lovely walk along the beach. Suddenly Jamie saw this little crittur with some children digging sandcastles 10 feet away! Parker was off-leash and he absolutely hates Ferrets! Fortunately Jamie spotted them before Parker did as there were 2 Ferrets and the other one was not on a harness. Not what you expect to find eh?
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2011, 08:32 PM

This is Cherry and Parker having a run along the beach. Cherry could be off-lead as we had practically the whole beach to ourselves (she is fear-reactive to big dogs).

Look at those happy tails! I'm hiding behind the post!
Cherry is wearing the pink harness and she's 10 and Parker is 9. Thanks for looking!
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2011, 08:34 PM
On my first trip to the USA about 10 years ago, I visited Pensacola beach in Florida and met a lovely ferret!

Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2011, 08:47 PM
[QUOTE=MerlinsMum;2219940]On my first trip to the USA about 10 years ago, I visited Pensacola beach in Florida and met a lovely ferret!

Wow! At least your one is easier to see on the beach than these 2 were though as they were both sandy coloured!

Jamie did say to the children about being careful as dogs may not like Ferrets. If Parker had seen these first I am afraid it may have been very upset children and no Ferrets (I hope not but I know he really doesn't like them from being at an agricultural show and him going nutty near the Ferret ring)
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2011, 06:26 PM
I met a couple of ferrets in Rufford Country park when I went for a day trip there. What is strange is seeing a goat being walked around an estate on a lead and walking better than my dogs..
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2011, 06:28 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
I met a couple of ferrets in Rufford Country park when I went for a day trip there. What is strange is seeing a goat being walked around an estate on a lead and walking better than my dogs..
Now that is strange! My manager said today that he met someone walking their cat on a harness! I replied that I thought I would take off if my dogs met a cat on a lead!
wilbar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2011, 06:58 AM
Originally Posted by Kerryowner View Post
Now that is strange! My manager said today that he met someone walking their cat on a harness! I replied that I thought I would take off if my dogs met a cat on a lead!
I've taught several cats to walk on a harness But usually just around gardens or just outside the house. I certainly don't tell clients to walk their cats to the local park & back
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2011, 08:02 AM
I know many cats who walk on leads, several friends have expensive moggies who cannot go out unsupervised, or just dont want to risk their cat being run over. Think my two would scratch me to death if I even thought about it!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2011, 04:24 PM
Originally Posted by Kerryowner View Post
My sisters cat does She's a house cat though so she has to be took out on a lead and harness. She has been double taken by dogs before - they walk past then look back - so funny!
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2011, 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
I had a pet sheep handreared froma day old...i used to walk her around the estate near my house
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >