View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2010, 07:26 PM
He's a good boy coming when you call like that, keep it up! His feet look much better after a trim. A very smart gorgeous boy.
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2010, 07:48 PM
Dawn..he's not fat!! he's big boned..

Managed to get all 4 feet picked out today with no fighting..and even cleaned the mud off and oiled them..then brushed him head to toe..did his mane and tail and even his feather..when he decided to lift his feet for me to clean again LOL..

Then I washed his wee bloody ears that the flies have decided to attack..washed them out with wet paper towels and he stood like a gem..
Then I put a rug on him and put him out in the field..LOL..he's not impressed with the rug much..
Sarah88
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-09-2010, 07:51 PM
Aww! What a good boy. He's really made himself at home. And I'm impressed that he let you clean out his ears without any fuss! Is it the first time he's been out with a rug on? I guess it would feel a bit odd for him at first... But at least he'll be warm!

Sarah xoxox
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2010, 08:00 PM
He loves getting his ears scratched..so the soothing cold water and itching at the same time was probably his idea of heaven..he is really good with his ears..our wee pony hates her ears being touched..

He was out last Friday night with a rug on..that was the first time..he was checked later and was fine..but the following day he had it up round his neck on one side and up over his bum on the other LOL..had to get a chest expander for it as it woulnd't meet around his neck either!! big beastie!

So its on again so I don't know what state he will be in tomorrow LOL

Its more to keep him dry rather than warm..he went thru last winter..all that snow..with no rugs ever....and he lived out..
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2010, 08:01 PM
Originally Posted by Louise13 View Post
Dawn..he's not fat!! he's big boned..

Managed to get all 4 feet picked out today with no fighting..and even cleaned the mud off and oiled them..then brushed him head to toe..did his mane and tail and even his feather..when he decided to lift his feet for me to clean again LOL..

Then I washed his wee bloody ears that the flies have decided to attack..washed them out with wet paper towels and he stood like a gem..
Then I put a rug on him and put him out in the field..LOL..he's not impressed with the rug much..
I know, I was sizing him up for dinner!! He's lovely really, but those feathers would have to go!
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2010, 08:22 PM
Arrrgghghhh noooo evil evil theres plenty eating on him tho!!

nope..I'm desperate for the feather to grow in!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2010, 10:25 PM
He's ace xxxxxxxxx Lucky you
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2010, 10:47 PM
He's lovely Bless him x
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran