Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2010, 04:30 PM

We've moved!! Barn and field all to myself

The move went well..Tink loaded in about 5 minutes..2 runs later and that was everything moved in..its all pretty much thrown in but I am working nights tonight and tommorrow so it can slowly get sorted out..
Field looks huge with Tink it in alone, we've sectioned a bit off at the bottom for her just now and have left her with her grazing muzzle on..I will take it off when I finish work in the morning..
We are collecting new horse on Saturday afternoon so hopefully he will make a dent in the grass so Tink doesn't explode!!

AND CJ got the cup that she won for fancy dress *the one they never told us to collect!!*

maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2010, 04:49 PM
What a fabulous place you have there. Your new baby won't be able to believe his eyes. Did I see a spare box in your barn?
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2010, 04:51 PM
There are two sensible sized stables and a shetland/falabella sized stable LOL..Or I could just set up a campbed LOL
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2010, 07:33 PM
Welllll...since moving to the new place I was feeling a little disappointed..as the only hacking we knew about was an old railway line which goes for miles in opposite directions..BUT there is about a 1/4 mile on a busy road before you get "off road"..so I was a little peed off..
WE took Tink & CJ along the road on Sunday and although Tink is fine with traffic anything can happen..

SO today we took a path between the fields and it goes between a big potato field that has a huge wide grassy space along two sides..perfect for cantering...as we were walking along..to the left of the field is a path..lower down..so you sort of look down onto it..
Turns out its a private estate..so we went through a bit of hedge and onto the path..to find a large wooden bridge over gorgeous clear water..and along side a pretty pond..it goes for miles and eventually joins onto the old railway..so I am now a happy bunny..as is CJ as she loved the independence of going out alone..and now she can again..in fact I would go so far as to say the hacking scenery is prettier than the previous place..

NOT sure if we are allowed on the private estate but it appears to be a public path and there is an outdoor access code in scotland..so I am led to beleive we are allowed on it..
some pics of my phone..

Stables looking a little more lived in..

The stunning pond....and the wee smelly pony

Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2010, 07:40 PM
Wow that looks a lovely place, I am sure CJ will be loving it.
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2010, 07:40 PM
I am so jealous! Im not into horses but i would love all that land!
Sarah88
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-07-2010, 09:27 PM
It all looks great! Glad you found a decent hack as well It's all falling into place! And soon you'll have Jacob to make that HUGE field look a little less empty!

Sarah x
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2010, 05:27 AM
It's fab Louise.......

Did you move "house" as well?

youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2010, 06:07 AM
Looks brill......need a helper Im willing LOL