Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2010, 01:25 PM

Update on the piggies....

Well we went up the vets with three of the piggies today, Lulu, Dusty and Autumn....
Autumn, it was found she had an aggressive tumour on her spleen and it was decided to let her go to the Bridge...
Dusty, has a kidney infection and is on anti-biotics, but because of her age and the fact she has lost weight too, it could mean something sinister is brewing Since being home she has hidden up, despite all the fuss...
Lulu, is at the vets after having the lump in her bladder removed, they hoped it was a stone that they could push out, but they had to cut it and now whether she comes home depends on if she can have a wee... as her uretha was cut... if she can't wee, she will be put to sleep..
That means Dusty will be alone... The hardest part of having the piggies is the ending, they are such hardy animals, but seem to get ill at the end of their lives.. also having so many, I tend to lose a few in such a short space of time. I so hope Lulu, does a wee xxx
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-05-2010, 03:01 PM
Oh Claire what a traumatic day for you Fingers crossed that Lulu has a wee and can home. Sending some positive vibes for you xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-05-2010, 05:08 PM
Good luck with the other piggies. X
Dachshund
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-05-2010, 05:12 PM
Sending Lulu wee vibes. Piggies are wonderfully resilliant things x
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2010, 06:31 PM
So sorry to hear this Claire, I feel honoured to have met these darling babies only recently.

I've got my fingers crossed for the others, bless little Autumn's heart xxx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2010, 10:42 PM
Awwwww claire I am so sorry, what with me and the chickens and you and the piggies.....my heart goes out to you hun xxxx

((((((((((((((((((( hugs )))))))))))))))))))
kobebear
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-05-2010, 09:13 AM
Sorry to hear about your piggies, fingers crossed Lulu will come home x
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2010, 07:55 PM
Well thankfully little Lulu is home!!! I am so pleased, she did tell me off for leaving her with a few 'chuff chuff' noises!! She was cut to remove the stone, now if you imagine how small a piggie is, so therefore how small their bladders are.. her stone was the size of a big cherry stone We have it as a momento Dusty is happy her friend is home, as are we.... of course we are still so sad to have lost Autumn, but there is nothing we could have done, the tumour on her spleen was too aggressive sadly...
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2010, 08:48 PM
OMG, I've just seen this, I'm glad that you've got Lulu home, that was a big stone to say the least bless her.
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-05-2010, 06:49 AM
So glad Lulu is home. Wow that was some sizeable stone for a little piggy. Lets hope thats the last one she has!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >