Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2010, 04:10 PM

Arachnophobics nightmare.

Well it was mine, I come home yesterday after being out most of the day, sat down on the chair, and saw something out of the corner of my eye, looked across and saw this.

I am awful with spiders, I can now cope with little ones, and can be in a room with trantulla's as long as they don't move but thats taken loads of time, but I saw this one, and it wasn't moving so I could get some photos of it, after half an hour of seeing it, but I did almost call someone up as soon as I saw it to stay round theres for the night until someone can come in to move it (have done that before ) but I was there for ages and then I decided to try and move it myself, but then almost died, for ages I could feel my heard beating in my chest, and I didn't sleep the night that I saw it, I went to bed, shutting both the living room door and my door, and couldn't get too sleep at all, and my skin was crawling its self, and dogs wiskers on your leg feels horrible when you see this.

But I have decided I need a cat, just for times like this, dogs are useless, Honey and Diesel just sat there with a wagging tail, but a cat would sort it out for me

Oh and does anyone know anything about this type of spider, as I haven't seen one like this before? I don't like them, but I'd like to know what it is I don't like

Although this monster has now gone, I got a friend round this morning to find it and move it out for me
Clarita
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-05-2010, 04:48 PM
Chaz, Am an arachnophobe too!! Yet, am becoming braver around spiders of late- just cannot cope with the huge spiders! Fortunately hubby Chris deals with the big spiders for me- my hero !

Have no idea what type of spider this is- hope you soon find this out!

Really scared of beetles too yet am okay with ladybirds as they look cute!

Can identify with you big time!!

Would like a cat too as do like them yet am allergic to them so have to keep distance for health's sake. Thank goodness am okay with dogs as could not live without them!!

Warmest wishes from Devon, Clarita
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2010, 05:25 PM
OMG I would have legged it right out of there until I got in spider control, I wouldn't have been as brave as you and stayed there, even to the extent of taking a picture of it Blimey, what if it moved, and they move sooooo fast, it could have jumped and ran up your arm

I have been known to suck them up with the hoover if the hose was rigid and long enough lol, but when I first got Georgie I noticed that he saw them before me and gobbled them all up for me, bless him, but nowadays his eyesight isn't what it was, nor his responses! I might have to resort to teaching Zena to get them before they get me, coz I'm absolutely petrified of the things, especially those massive critters like that one, and I'm sure they're getting bigger nowadays???!!!

Glad you survived to tell the tale anyways, but that thing would not have shared the same house as me yesterday let alone the same room! You were very brave I give you that
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2010, 06:27 PM
Originally Posted by Clarita View Post
Chaz, Am an arachnophobe too!! Yet, am becoming braver around spiders of late- just cannot cope with the huge spiders! Fortunately hubby Chris deals with the big spiders for me- my hero !

Have no idea what type of spider this is- hope you soon find this out!

Really scared of beetles too yet am okay with ladybirds as they look cute!

Can identify with you big time!!

Would like a cat too as do like them yet am allergic to them so have to keep distance for health's sake. Thank goodness am okay with dogs as could not live without them!!

Warmest wishes from Devon, Clarita
I have no hubby to deal with them I use to run to the neighbours, but they moved out, and the other person thats really local, well he's worse then me, we've both been up on chairs to save outselves before and on the phone, and I'm also scared of earwigs, I got one attached to my finger when I was little, can't be in the same room as them now.

Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
OMG I would have legged it right out of there until I got in spider control, I wouldn't have been as brave as you and stayed there, even to the extent of taking a picture of it Blimey, what if it moved, and they move sooooo fast, it could have jumped and ran up your arm

I have been known to suck them up with the hoover if the hose was rigid and long enough lol, but when I first got Georgie I noticed that he saw them before me and gobbled them all up for me, bless him, but nowadays his eyesight isn't what it was, nor his responses! I might have to resort to teaching Zena to get them before they get me, coz I'm absolutely petrified of the things, especially those massive critters like that one, and I'm sure they're getting bigger nowadays???!!!

Glad you survived to tell the tale anyways, but that thing would not have shared the same house as me yesterday let alone the same room! You were very brave I give you that
The camera was on full zoom lol, I couldn't get anywhere nearer to it, I can't use the hoover, as that scares me, I did get close to it to try and move it (to the bath until someone came in to help lol) but it moved, and I nearly ended up with glass everywhere, I was texting people all night trying to get someone round, but no-one would come
Luchi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-05-2010, 07:05 PM
Looks like a House Spider to me. (they definitely get really big)

I too am a complete wuss when it comes to Spiders, luckily my partner loves them, and (nearly) always comes to the rescue!!

One time he was in a meeting, not too far from our home, and I saw what initially looked like a large toy spider on the sofa. I stood there thinking, ahh, the kids are playing a prank, and then it moved. I was so petrified (I know I am silly but can't help it) So i rang OH, unfortunately he was "unable" to leave the meeting and come running back to find and remove the spider (Men, so selfish, only joking lol).

Ended up getting one of my sons friends to catch it and take outside.

To answer your questions about Cats, well I have 4, and only one of the cats does anything, usually they just watch them. On the odd time they have done anything, I end up having to clean up a whole load of spider legs and stuff.

Luchi my pup on the other hand is looking more promising, she did try to catch one a couple of days ago, it escaped under the freezer. Guess who sorted it out, my long suffering OH.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2010, 07:09 PM
Yuck!

its a common house spider, I think.

I hate spiders, but when I was younger I did a school project on them - I am morbidly fascinated by them!
Sarah88
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-05-2010, 07:11 PM
I would have been out the house and on the phone to my dad! Mike is good when he is here as he can pick them up () and take them outside (Wayyyyyy outside!) but as he's not here right now, i'd have to get my dad!

I think you see more of them as it gets warmer. Used to see big'uns like that in my old house all the time in spring (we lived near lots of fields... stupid countryside! )

Well done for getting rid of it though!

Sarah xoxox
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2010, 07:14 PM
Oh my god, I nearly scarpered just seeing that picture. I too can cope with tiny ones and I even held a tarantula at Longleat last year but if I'd seen that, a minor heart attack would have followed!
Sarah88
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-05-2010, 07:35 PM
Originally Posted by tillytheterrier View Post
Oh my god, I nearly scarpered just seeing that picture. I too can cope with tiny ones and I even held a tarantula at Longleat last year but if I'd seen that, a minor heart attack would have followed!
AARGH! I could not have done that! In a month I will be a qualified zoologist (the next *female* David Attenborough ). But I can't do spiders! They just have too many legs and eyes... And fangs... And everything else that goes with them! *shudders*

Sarah xoxox
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2010, 07:40 PM
Originally Posted by Sarah & Mike View Post
AARGH! I could not have done that! In a month I will be a qualified zoologist (the next *female* David Attenborough ). But I can't do spiders! They just have too many legs and eyes... And fangs... And everything else that goes with them! *shudders*

Sarah xoxox
Lol. I couldnt believe I did it. That poor spider was seconds away from being chucked on the floor and stamped on! I only managed by telling myself it had fur so therefore was a little fluffy animal!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >