Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2009, 04:22 PM

Glorius Sunny Hack (Pony)

Making the most of the sun..CJ went for a hack at the riding school..

SHe also tried to break her neck a few weeks ago..its prettttty bonecrunching!

It started off so well...(Tink hasn't done much canter work at all, and can be very very stubborn to keep in canter..but is getting sooo much better)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPzQa57GLfc

THEN!!!! The baby bullocks in the field decided to all charge over to the other side of the fence at the same time!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYE01Gz9AYA

She landed on her face and her whole body flipped over the top while her face was still planted on the ground..bending her neck at angles it just shouldn't be at!...She sat on the ground for 5 minutes..then got back on and trotted her from end to end and then walked her back to the stables
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2009, 04:41 PM
oh, ouch that sounds so painful CJ is such a wee fighter,

I have found to my peril, falls get worse and worse since I turned 30..I was going to say something about lucky for me but im not gona tempt fate...

cant get the damn vids to work, would have loved to see em as well.

you tell CJ, shes a wee star x
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2009, 12:02 PM
Awww SHona beleive me you would FEEL this fall!!

I did have "will I sell the pony" moments but we can't wrap them up in cotton wool!..

She is now riding the biggest pony they have at the yard for her lessons..14hh cob mare Sherry in the pics above(the one that the 14yr olds get put on!!) The next stop is horses!! so her fall aint halted her in any way..(just gave me some grey streaks)
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2009, 12:17 PM
CJ looks really happy - and I am quite glad I can't watch vids (no broadband) as it sounds horrible! Thank god CJ was ok!
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2009, 12:20 PM
Its worse watching the videos back Kirsty, than actually being there..I still cringe when I watch them.. SHe's an odd child..and just says "wow"
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2009, 12:29 PM
A nasty fall indeed but I'm glad it hasn't put her off. As a parent I know it is worse for us watching than for them.
That pony is a real gem though and a stunner to look at. Those sorts are hard to come by.
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2009, 02:57 PM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
A nasty fall indeed but I'm glad it hasn't put her off. As a parent I know it is worse for us watching than for them.
That pony is a real gem though and a stunner to look at. Those sorts are hard to come by.
Our pony?? or the riding school one?

Our pony is a star.. lots of people thought I was nuts *myself included* for buying a freshly backed 4yr old for a novice 6yr old..BUT I have to say..they work!..They have learned so much from each other and are so patient with each other..Tink has learned a steady canter at the same time as CJ learned...she learns something at riding school and then teaches Tink..its amazing..
She has decided she is taking her through the little stream where we keep her..in training for her first common ride LOL..I will have camera armed that day...AND a change of clothes for CJ
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2009, 03:02 PM
Originally Posted by Louise13 View Post
Our pony?? or the riding school one?

Our pony is a star.. lots of people thought I was nuts *myself included* for buying a freshly backed 4yr old for a novice 6yr old..BUT I have to say..they work!..They have learned so much from each other and are so patient with each other..Tink has learned a steady canter at the same time as CJ learned...she learns something at riding school and then teaches Tink..its amazing..
She has decided she is taking her through the little stream where we keep her..in training for her first common ride LOL..I will have camera armed that day...AND a change of clothes for CJ
Your pony, Tink, I think he is just a mothers dream.