SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2010, 10:42 PM

Training men?

No offence to any man on here as I am sure you're already very well trained

Training Dogs = easy

Men - I'm struggling!

We've just had a huge fight over nothing! I have a job at a nightclub although it's an on and off kinda thing and I'm working time and a half on New Years eve (£9 P/H - 7 hours)
and it has recently been taken over and changed names and everything and there's my OH trying to tell me that I'm working in a strip club - well no I'm not cos I went there yesterday for an interview and if it was a strip club I'd have walked straight out. Then he's like it used to be one then - urm no because I've done my research (I don't like to be blind-sighted when I go to an interview at a company) and the club used to be a table top dancing one - a general one where anyone could get up on them and dance - like the poles in Yates - no actual paid 'performers'. And he starts effin' and everything at me and telling me to shut up and said I was losing my rag with him - excuse me but I was just telling you facts sweetheart and you were the one raising your voice and making a big deal about it all. I said to his parents when we got back - if they had a dog kennel in the garden that's where he'd be sleeping.

So how the hell do you train men?

The thing is - I'm not even bothered about it all - I've seen the place, I've been in it and I've spoken to the manager - he's just been - arrgh a man in the simplest of terms (no offence) I just want to go to bed but I know he'll be there on his game and just to spite me he'll have his TV on loud and the lights on and just be childish about the whole thing.

I think my rants over - if it made you laugh then laugh - I don't care, it was a stupid row and I ain't apologising cos I didn't swear or raise my voice at him (supernanny tricks) I'm thinking about bringing in the clicker and cheese - maybe that'll work

Comment if you want - or don't, I'm tired so I don't really mind - I just need sleep and a good way of training men, like my dog's I don't want him to change - just behave...
lynnb
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-12-2010, 11:29 PM
Have you tried whacking him on the nose with a newspaper. you never know it might work. (sorry i couldn't resist).
Men tend to feel the need to protect us women, and if your working in a night club he wouldn't be there if trouble started. It sounds like he was not only concerned for you, but might also be worried about what other people might think.
So he will now sulk and no doubt mumble under his breath, because he's lost. Just leave him to it.
I remember Oh and i had or first big row about 3 months after we got married, we didn't speak to each other for 4 days, because neither of us wanted to be the first to give in, abit childish now i think about it. but that was 32 years ago now, my gosh how time flies.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2010, 11:40 PM
Just be one step ahead
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2010, 04:24 AM
Lol - we're OK now, I haven't apologised and neither has he but I'm staying away from him today - I'm up at this time and have tried for an hour and a half to get back to sleep which means I'll be grumpy later - can't win LOL

Newspaper - that might work
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2010, 10:38 AM
Well hun I have been training my OH for 40+ years, he's nearly to the standard I want, but I do have to take him back to the basics now and then.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2010, 10:48 AM
Well it`s not about `nothing` is it? It`s about : Are you going to do as you`re told like a good little girl... or are you going to trust your own judgement?
I think we all know the answer to that one.
fayeily
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-12-2010, 10:51 AM
Well SLB when you figure out how to train a man effectively, let me know!

Infuriating sometimes arent they!
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2010, 11:37 AM
Originally Posted by Heather and Zak View Post
Well hun I have been training my OH for 40+ years, he's nearly to the standard I want, but I do have to take him back to the basics now and then.

I traded my first one in & made sure 2nd time he came "ready trained"

Hope you work it out SLB - sounds like it's a male ego "don't want my girl near any strip joint" thing!
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2010, 11:53 AM
training the OH? well to be honest we just leave each other to it we didnt work the first time because i was insitant on changing him to be how i wanted him to be, he wanted to be with his mates more and it pi***d me off..

now he sees his mates and i dont mind as much, as long as he makes the same equal time to see me. if hes out i dont sit about sulking waiting for him to get in, instead i go out and have a good time too.

and things will be better when we move in together because neither of us will be as stressed because we know we will be coming home to each other at the end of the day

dont try and change him, it will never work, and as for the job, do it. tell him you either go to work, or he pays you £9 an hour to stay at home...
Tinglesnark
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-12-2010, 01:06 PM
oh goodness me, men! pfft!
my granny has always said, just dont argue back - walk away and keep your dignity.
she is right i find these days that i tend to get my own way by keeping calm and standing firm but not losing my temper...
men are the same as children. figure out the best way to handle a child and then you can apply that to a man...
lol
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >