Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MBll
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-12-2005, 04:20 PM

Free Ads

Im gobsmacked/shocked to read that in the free ad paper there is a labdoodle thingy for £750 & a Terrier / Dogue (with photo ) for £800 Now these are cross breeds going for that kind of money .

I think the Terrier / Dogue will be sought after by the halfwits of society & not for a pet more breeding/fighting as it looks a very powerfull big dog?

As the saying goes....a fool & its money are easly parted.

Shame something can't or wont be done about this
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2005, 04:26 PM
Just look at this link - bidding for a Puppy!!!

[Moderator edit. Link removed. By providing a link the 'auction' is given wider publicity]
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2005, 04:59 PM
That is awful Sweep
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2005, 08:28 AM
My apologies re: Link
IanIOW
Dogsey Senior
Male 

11-12-2005, 08:47 AM
Hi MB11, just wondered what made you think a very powerful big dog would be used for dog fighting.....Cheers...Ian..
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2005, 11:23 AM
Well the travellers here have been known to take any dogs over a certain size and "train" them to fight. Dalmatians included. And yes, they breed them too....
Lorraine(bws)
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2005, 01:40 PM
I think the most upsetting ads are " make ideal xmas present " and " should be in season soon so you can breed" they really get me upset .
IanIOW
Dogsey Senior
Male 

11-12-2005, 02:15 PM
Hi Deccy, I still don't see why size has anything to do with a dog used for the purpose of fighting. If you look at any reported incidents of illegal dog fights the dogs envolved are never large breeds. This may be different in Ireland but it is certainly the case in the UK.....Cheers...Ian..
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2005, 02:18 PM
I don't think it's the size issue - but I think any dog percieved as powerful - can be used for fighting, and from my experiences in Ireland _ I would say often big dogs are involved but more often than not it's the smaller bull breeds etc. hth

xx
MBll
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-12-2005, 04:47 PM
Originally Posted by IanIOW
Hi MB11, just wondered what made you think a very powerful big dog would be used for dog fighting.....Cheers...Ian..
Well Ian I could be wrong but it was the first thing that i thought of when i saw the photo of the dog, it looked big & powerfull, I dont know whether the background was part of me thinking ..junkyard ? Thers folk that would go for this type of dog for the bad reasons & if im wrong them I would be the first to put me hand up & apology.

I would have put the photo on here so you could see the dog but when i checked the ad aagim it was gone, the ad is still there but no photo if it comes back on i will post it on here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >