View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2007, 02:01 PM
A couple more links, also mentioning the huge increase in numbers I spoke of earlier but was shouted down for.

http://news.independent.co.uk/enviro...cle2542353.ece

http://www.nimr.mrc.ac.uk/MillHillEssays/2002/tb.htm

Its also interesting that most animal rehab places test Badger for bTB, and all those positive are killed, if their impact on Cattle is not proved, why would these people do it?
Dawn.
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2007, 03:31 PM
Back to the wolf topic....

I found this today about the Mexican gray wolf. It makes quite disturbing reading

Mexican gray wolf
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2007, 03:46 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Now personally I have NEVER seen a live Badger in its natural environment, but I have seen the damage they do and the problems they can and do cause, so again should this cull become necessary I wouldnt strongly oppose it.
That's sad that you've never seen any in the wild, I've seen loads, one sat on my foot once whilst I was walking the dogs! They are awesome animals.

However, culling them because they are routing around for food, or damage as you call it, is totally unneccesary but then again you believe humans are superior and I don't so that is something we will never agree on.
Becky
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2007, 04:00 PM
Yes Becky I do, we choose what to do with our animals, take you for instance, you chose to mate your bitch, not for her benefit, purely for yours, you choose to shave all the hair off your dogs faces, you choose what to feed your dogs and when to deem it necessary for them to visit a Vet etc.. if you dont think that makes us superior to them in some respect then so be it, I do. We are constantly making choices FOR them, choices they are incapable of making for themselves, not because they are young like a child, because they are not able to function on the same level as a human being, for gods sake, there are a fair few who would choose a different life to what they have if they could.

I too think its sad I havent seen any, I will one day.
Dawn.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2007, 04:36 PM
I've been lucky enough to see badgers in their natural habitat a few times but I'm careful not to tell anyone about it in case someone goes off to 'deal with them'.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2007, 06:34 PM
Borderdawn: you said :

"A couple more links, also mentioning the huge increase in numbers I spoke of earlier but was shouted down for".

That is extremely nasty and uncalled-for. I did NOT shout you down - I merely presumed that it was a typo - I gave you the opportunity to correct me, and you did so, politely I might add.

Why then in your next breath accuse me of "shouting you down"?

I'm going to bed early tonight because I'm knackered, but I will have a look at your threads tomorrow when I get to work.

By the way, can't remember if it was you who said about vets being pro the culling of badgers, but my vet for one is most certainly not, nor is a retired vet I know in Leicestershire.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2007, 08:39 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
Borderdawn: you said :

"A couple more links, also mentioning the huge increase in numbers I spoke of earlier but was shouted down for".

That is extremely nasty and uncalled-for. I did NOT shout you down - I merely presumed that it was a typo - I gave you the opportunity to correct me, and you did so, politely I might add.

Why then in your next breath accuse me of "shouting you down"?

I'm going to bed early tonight because I'm knackered, but I will have a look at your threads tomorrow when I get to work.

By the way, can't remember if it was you who said about vets being pro the culling of badgers, but my vet for one is most certainly not, nor is a retired vet I know in Leicestershire.
It wasnt nasty at all youre just being silly, read your initial post Gnasher, then tell me who talks down, is rude, patronising and condescending!

I am not pro any culling Gnasher, but I am in full agreement with any cull that is deemed necessary by the very people that are in direct involvement with it, I would much rather there is no need to cull any species, I think we can agree on that at least We seem to be at loggerheads with this, I wont back down from what I feel is right and I wouldnt expect you too either, standing by your feelings is something we probably both have in common!

Enjoy your early night (seriously)
Dawn.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2007, 08:44 PM
Shall we do away with the insults and get this thread back on track or call it a day?
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2007, 08:59 PM
Can we keep personal comments off this thread please.

You both have very valid opinions, lets keep it at that without the insults.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2007, 09:06 PM
Im sorry I wasnt aware I had insulted anyone? Spoke the truth as I see it yes, I am often accused of that!
Page 9 of 11 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 11 >