View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2007, 09:14 PM
There's references on BOTH sides on 'being silly', 'condescending' 'patronising' etc.

Whilst these may not be seen as insults to us, other people reading this thread may just see it that way

As I've already posted, you BOTH have VERY valid opinions. Lets just keep it that way please
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2007, 09:24 PM
Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
There's references on BOTH sides on 'being silly', 'condescending' 'patronising' etc.

Whilst these may not be seen as insults to us, other people reading this thread may just see it that way

As I've already posted, you BOTH have VERY valid opinions. Lets just keep it that way please
Now youre just arguing!!! Just kidding Wolfie. I do agree I can be a bit forthright and outspoken, but being told you are wrong and that there is no room for reason irritates me. There is always two sides to any argument or discussion.
Dawn.
(on very bestest behaviour:smt002 )
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2007, 09:36 PM
Moi??? arguing??? NEVER!!!!!!

All jokes aside, you're BOTH right. We all have our opinions, I think it's better to keep it constuctive though
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2007, 12:19 PM
You are the only person I have ever been so forthright with - normally there is always 2 sides, or at least grey areas, but in this case there are none - hence my rudeness and bluntness, for which I apologise, but do not retract.

Let's just shake hands metaphorically speaking over the ether and I for one promise I will not call you names!!

I love a good debate, so no hard feelings?
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2007, 12:55 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
You are the only person I have ever been so forthright with - normally there is always 2 sides, or at least grey areas, but in this case there are none - hence my rudeness and bluntness, for which I apologise, but do not retract.

Let's just shake hands metaphorically speaking over the ether and I for one promise I will not call you names!!

Agreed, no problem Gnasher.
Dawn.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2007, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Agreed, no problem Gnasher.
Dawn.
:smt038 :smt038 :smt038
Group hug
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-05-2007, 02:06 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
and that goes for the collectors exhibits I have been privvy to, going back over 100yrs!
This could well be down to the fact that the latest date given for the killing of the last UK wolf is 1743

Snorri
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2007, 06:34 PM
Originally Posted by Snorri the Priest View Post
This could well be down to the fact that the latest date given for the killing of the last UK wolf is 1743

Snorri
I am speaking of collections from all over the world Snorri, there isnt any "big" game here so to speak, never has been.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2007, 09:02 PM
Borderdawn - sorry love, but you've opened yourself up for this one, I can't resist it:

There isn't any big game here 'cos humans in the UK have killed them all !!

Sorry, I'm not taking the Michael - honest injun. I'm serious now. We did have bears in this country, God knows when we wiped them out, and wolves of course. We had beavers (no jokes please), although they can hardly be called big game.

Zoologist OH will be able to enlighten me further no doubt.

Just seen a trailer on TV for the Sean Ellis programme at 8 pm on Friday Channel 5 - - looks really good. I can't wait.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2007, 09:11 PM
Borderdawn - sorry love, but you've opened yourself up for this one, I can't resist it:

There isn't any big game here 'cos humans in the UK have killed them all !!

Sorry, I'm not taking the Michael - honest injun. I'm serious now. We did have bears in this country, God knows when we wiped them out, and wolves of course. We had beavers (no jokes please), although they can hardly be called big game.

Zoologist OH will be able to enlighten me further no doubt.

Just seen a trailer on TV for the Sean Ellis programme at 8 pm on Friday Channel 5 - - looks really good. I can't wait.
I was speaking of Elephants, Tiger, lions, Buffalo etc.. the usual stuff they likes to plonk on their walls!
Page 10 of 11 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 >