View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kobebear
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-10-2009, 08:48 AM

Other Animal Noises - What does your dog do?

Morning everyone

Not got alot of time to look on Dogsey during the day at present really busy at work.

Last night we were watching TV and there was a programme and it was showing different animals and the noises they make, like foxes and cats in the night.

Honey was looking at the TV and each noise she heard her little head would go to the side and then the other.

My OH said that this seems a common thing in the whippett family as he used to have a lurcher that did the same, anyone else's whippett breed do this, its so funny.
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2009, 09:03 AM
Cassie (lucher) does this all the time (i think we have a youtube vid of her doing it) but then so does my NI so i think its a dog thing.

They look very cute when they do it though! Here is the vid:

http://www.youtube.com/user/LukoiNor.../7/857RZfgKsgo
kobebear
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-10-2009, 09:05 AM
Originally Posted by Razcox View Post
Cassie (lucher) does this all the time (i think we have a youtube vid of her doing it) but then so does my NI so i think its a dog thing.

They look very cute when they do it though! Here is the vid:

http://www.youtube.com/user/LukoiNor.../7/857RZfgKsgo
Yes they are really cute and so funny, i cant look at video at work but will look when i get home.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2009, 09:19 AM
vinnie looks like the girl in the exorcist, his head goes so far from one side to the other, he crys, howls the works,

but hes a rottie,

his head also does this with some words you say to him, hes a bit of a dafty
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2009, 10:08 AM
bruno is quite a talker, so he reacts to things on the telly by talking, yodelling, whining etc - not only animal noises either, there used to be a renault ad that the car used to make noises like a dog - that used to completely set bruno off.
He does the whole head to one side thing alot
he also reacts to the harmonica by howling - its hilarious we play bob dylan just to get him started ! LOL
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2009, 10:25 AM
lily and dylan will do the head to one side thing and i think it's something all dogs do.

lily loves watching tv and any animal noises will make her head move. babies crying on tv will produce this reaction too.

last night though, she sat and watched a whole episode of eastenders! not an animal in sight on there! she's becoming a right old tele addict!
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2009, 10:34 AM
I think its just a dog thing!
Teagan (bullmastiff) does it to things on the tv, and also certain noises I say, or she hears
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2009, 10:36 AM
Mo never takes any notice of the TV unless there is a baby crying. I wonder if she has previously lived with a family with a baby.
When we talk to her her head goes from side to side
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2009, 11:09 AM
jake isnt a whippet, but he does react to certain animal noises. the noises of meerkats and hyenas get him very excited lol, and he jumps up that the tv looking behind it wondering where it is coming from