View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2009, 09:02 PM
So sorry to read this Kel, I'm sure if she is enjoying her food and life in general then its not her time yet. As you say she is not in pain, and she is managing to do her roly poly's, I suspect the vet will tell you that, apart from the malabsorbtion problem, that she isn't quite ready yet.

I know that each time I have had to take one of mine for that final appointment at the vets they have let me know, the look in their eye is enough.

I truly hope that you have more time with your darling girl. xxx
hades
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-10-2009, 11:17 PM
So sorry to hear this,
It is such a hard and heart breaking thing to think about and go through. I agree with everyone else, you will know in your heart when the time comes.
All the best to both of you and keep us posted.
tabsmagic
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-10-2009, 12:08 AM
All our love to help you through!!
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2009, 12:18 AM
(((hugs))) to you.
try not to be guided by what she 'looks' like,be guided by 'her'
take care.xx
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2009, 01:15 AM
Hey Kel,
I am going through this with Scratch and I wonder if I am doing the right thing so often, but like Sadie, he seems pretty good in himself most days and he is sleeping lots but loves his walks and wants to play for little bits through the day.
I wonder sometimes if I would see it if it was time, I have asked my O/H and my vet to let me know when they think it is time in case I don't see it as I know my heart wants him here for a long time to come but I dont know how long I have him for as he goes up and down quite a bit.
I think he will tell me when he is ready too, as she is a strong willed dog and will see when the fight has gone out of him.
I have shed a lot of tears and have felt so disheartened at times, it is so draining and worrying.
I know this more than likely doesn't help but I know how you feel (in the closest way I can as we are all different) but know I am thinking of you and Sadie.
Big hugs to you both from across the oceans
Emma
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2009, 10:45 PM
I just want to thank you all, I don't have time to reply to everyone at the moment, I have so much going on I don't know where I am half of the time but I will do as soon as I get a chance because I appreciate each and everyone's help and support.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-10-2009, 11:05 PM
When a dog can no longer eat,
When a dog is in constant pain and there can be no relief,
When living holds no pleasure at all,
these are the things that tell you it is time to let a dog go.

There have been times when I have been tempted to keep a dog going because I couldn't bear the though of losing it . Each time I have considered the things I have mentioned and that helped me to decide what was best for the dog ...

Sadie looks as though she may not be ready to leave just yet..
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2009, 11:32 PM
big (((hugs))) from me and licks from jake, to both you and sadie.

im not much help, i havent been through this either. but from what you have said, she definitely sounds like she is still enjoying life and im sure she will tell you when she isnt. i think we all get to know our dogs extremely well, inside and out, and we know when its time...
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2009, 01:36 AM
This is such a hard thing to go through! I lost both of my childhood cats and both dogs within 2 years of eachother, that was soooo hard, but each and every one let me know when it was time. tho my last one, Patches, I waited too long. purely selfish reasons that I totally regret. I didn't want to put her down at Christmas.

We're thinking of you and Sadie
Gellygoo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2009, 04:04 PM
Just want to say that I'm thinking of the lovely Sadie,nothing to add to what's already been said... hugs to you all.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >