Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2009, 03:44 PM
you prob will not believe this,

but, it was dougie that pushed for rotties, I didnt really want them

I was a gsd person, so we sat in limbo for a while, I had logan my gsd, we got a rottie {cash} from rescue to keep dougie happy , but she was very poorly bred, she may have been a cross, but im just thinking poor breeding,
then came my BM,
as logan got older dougie kept pushing for rotties, while I was stand-offish.

then came royce, the rottie, the rest is history,

Royce was a proper rottie, had bags of character, a temprament to die for, so smart, there was no turning back for me after him.
its never been about looks for me with the breed, I love there personality, if they were 12" high with a curly coat I would still love them
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2009, 03:44 PM
To be honest, my dad didnt want a dog and i persuaded him to let me get one. Took me 12 years but i got there eventually lol.

Well when it came to getting a dog, i wanted something big and he wanted something small like a chi. hmmm i toldhim that i wasnt going to walk a chi lol. love them to bits but there just not my sort of dog. i love huge cuddly things.

Well i kinew he liked someones english springer that they had. So i done a lot of research for about a week ( lol ) then went to see some puppies.

I didnt bond with pepsi straight away as i think its because its wasnt the dog i wanted at first. After about a month i finally started to love her loads. Now i would never look back and hope to get another springer in the near future
tabsmagic
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-10-2009, 12:30 AM
I adopted Werm and had never even seen a Chinese crested when I agreed to have her, I just knew from the second I picked up the phone to her old owner that I had found my forever friend !!
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2009, 01:26 AM
Scratch just came along but Louis I got from a local petshop as I needed a frined for Scratch as I was working a lot, I wanted another Maltese but there where none at the rescue (I tried for ages to get a rescue puppy) one day I saw Louis and his brother and he melted my heart and got him. i must say I had no idea what Silky Terriers were like but he has a lot of qualities I really like.
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2009, 06:44 AM
springers suited my lifestyle, we did a lot of hill walking and wanted a dog that would walk all day, but be small enough to lift over stiles, that and their personality they're always happy
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2009, 07:23 AM
Well I own up to taking all mine because they needed me.

I took scabby bodies, runny eyes, flea's, sh*tty bums, warts and all.

My first dog was being sold at a stall thing in a market, a basket of pups. My parents had agreed I could have a BC of my own (instead of playing with my Grans working dogs ) and there she was.
After that my only bred well,health checked dog was my JRT Sally.
My SBT was brought in after a organised fight was raided. Cost me a fortune re-habilitating him to at least 1/2 better.

Toby was a rescue from BDH, becuase no body wanted him.

Susie bought from a farm as she was the prettiest

Meg was the product after her Mother was set on fire in a shed by the owners OH, she was the only puppy out of 6 to survive I hand-reared her from 2 days as Mom was so ill with burns. When I worked at the RSPCA

Reah was a smashed ''I hate all humans'' after cruelty case, and brought to our vets where I worked

Skye (I shamefully admit) was a quick lets get out of here ...grab that one...after me visiting a place which I can only discribe as a PF....and boy was she ugly

And Bruce again we thought about looking for a health checked, puppy BC with papers etc....and then we were telephoned about his Mom and Dad being rescued as they were due to be shot. Pat picked Bruce on ''I have clicked with this one''

Well thats us folks
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2009, 07:40 AM
When I had to choose another breed because my afghans were causing allergies I chose a basenji when I met some at a show, I had gone to look at Finnish Spitz, I didn't even get near them, the constant barking put me off!

Very fine coated, elegant, smart, smaller than an afghan, I wanted a dog that could sit on my lap for a cuddle (afghans will be its not the same!) they are intelligent and challenging, funny and exasperating but very lovable. The lack of barking was an added bonus.

As my afghans went over the bridge more B's came into our lives.
liz & kiesha
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-10-2009, 08:39 AM
I love the look of Sibes but needed a dog that could be let off lead, the wolf lookalike types suit this perfectly.
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2009, 09:00 AM
Grew up with my sibe and was going to get another one as i liked 99% of there traits and looks. The off lead thing bugged me though so i did look at GSDs too. In the end i stumbled onto the NI and they ticked all the boxes in both looks and temprement.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2009, 09:04 AM
I blame the Hollywood TV dog stars! Watching Rin Tin Tin and the GSD in Champion the Wonder Horse as a child made me a GSD fan for life.
GSPs were an accident - I didn`t know what they were till I fell for a liver and white dog in a Rescue compound and took him home, complete with his papers. Boy did I have to learn fast! Talk about culture shock!.
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >