Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2009, 12:31 PM

Tennis balls?

Does anyone know of a cheap place to buy tennis balls? My dogs have been through numerous balls on ropes/Orbee balls, Kong on ropes etc and I am fed up of them losing them on a regular basis. So I have "invested" in a chuckit thingy and now need a supply of tennis balls to keep this ball-mad lot going.

Thanks.
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2009, 12:34 PM
You can get a pack of 4 tennis balls in poundland! Obviously they cost a pound! They don't always have them in though!

x
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2009, 12:38 PM
P@H do big bags or tubes of them too (20 in a bag I think?), but I daren't use them now Those smaller (medium sized!) hard rubber ones fit into the chuckit thingy coz I've used them with mine, and also the softer rubber type ones do, which are usually orange, again in P@H for me.

In case you haven't used them before with Yogi, if he's not the type to give them up easily, they'll be flattened in a few seconds and then you risk a danger of them choking on them! I hate them now since my scare on the beach, but I had to use one coz it floats!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2009, 12:43 PM
Originally Posted by Misty-Pup View Post
You can get a pack of 4 tennis balls in poundland! Obviously they cost a pound! They don't always have them in though!

x
Thanks but where is Poundland? I would prefer to buy online and get them delivered if possible.
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2009, 12:44 PM
I found the ones from pound shop or the ones that come with a ball launcher are rubbish. Tilly just tears them open in minutes.
if you have a sport & soccer or sportsworld (not sure what it's called but it's the big shop that does all the cheap Lonsdale stuff etc... )they have good quality 4 Dunlop or Slazenger balls in a tube for £3.99 and Tilly doesn't chew them to pieces. We've had our tube for ages and only on the 2nd one (coz I threw one in a tree with my girl throwing action!)
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2009, 12:45 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
P@H do big bags or tubes of them too (20 in a bag I think?), but I daren't use them now Those smaller (medium sized!) hard rubber ones fit into the chuckit thingy coz I've used them with mine, and also the softer rubber type ones do, which are usually orange, again in P@H for me.

In case you haven't used them before with Yogi, if he's not the type to give them up easily, they'll be flattened in a few seconds and then you risk a danger of them choking on them! I hate them now since my scare on the beach, but I had to use one coz it floats!
Thanks H - I will have a look at the P@H website. I don't like the small rubber balls, in case they get stuck in the throat and choke the dog

I have used tennis balls with Yogi and he is fine with them, they do get chewed up (by all four dogs) eventually, but they all retrieve to hand, so not so bad.

What happened on the beach???? I must have missed that thread!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2009, 12:47 PM
Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post
I found the ones from pound shop or the ones that come with a ball launcher are rubbish. Tilly just tears them open in minutes.
if you have a sport & soccer or sportsworld (not sure what it's called but it's the big shop that does all the cheap Lonsdale stuff etc... )they have good quality 4 Dunlop or Slazenger balls in a tube for £3.99 and Tilly doesn't chew them to pieces. We've had our tube for ages and only on the 2nd one (coz I threw one in a tree with my girl throwing action!)
Thanks Tillymint. There is a sports shop in the nearest town (about 25 miles away) but I was hoping to buy some online and get them delivered - as I hate going into town
Natalia_leigh
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-10-2009, 12:50 PM
Ebay have 24 tennis balls for £4.99
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/24-X-TENNIS-BA...item3ca54eef63
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2009, 12:52 PM
Just found this on Toy's R Us!

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Toys-R-Us/O...ck%2020%20Ball

x
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2009, 12:54 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Thanks Tillymint. There is a sports shop in the nearest town (about 25 miles away) but I was hoping to buy some online and get them delivered - as I hate going into town
im sooo jealous!!
was gonna say i get mine from charity shops,but thats not going to help!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >